Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
146 Posts

· pressurized
187 Posts
soupy said:
those back bolts on the passenger side were a pain in the ass weren't they it took me a hole day to do mine but then again mine doesn't have a 4' space in the wheel well looks good though :biggthump

· July Truck of the Month
572 Posts
Did you notice any performance upgrades? Was it worth it to you?

· Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pressurized2 said:
those back bolts on the passenger side were a pain in the ass weren't they it took me a hole day to do mine but then again mine doesn't have a 4' space in the wheel well looks good though :biggthump
Yeah they were, its nice to have a 4x4 sometimes :biggthump

· Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QuaTscH94 said:
Well Rich I haven't really drove the truck, I just drove around the block and ran it to check for leaks. I'll be putting a full tank of gas in the truck in the morning and take it for a run. I'll let you know :biggthump

· Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SeanDak said:
Any fitment issues?
I didnt have any fitment issues. The only problem I had was the passenger bolts being a pain in the a$$ and I see others have felt the pain. Another thing was I didnt wash all th WD-40 off the exhaust so it smoked for a little at the stop light :jester: so make sure to wash it off good.

· Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QuaTscH94 said:
Well after driving the truck for a while I did notice a little more power in the mid range. Was it worth it? Yes I think so i'm happy with it.

A question for the people who installed these headers, did you guys have a funny smell like somethings meltingor getting really hot? I have looked around the headers and haven't seen anything melted so :huh:

· G.F.Y racing president
6,587 Posts
yup. should go away after a few miles or so of driving. once they get to temperatur a few time, this smell should go away. also go back and retighten them up a lil after a while. you may find a few get loose. i installed the stage * locking header bolts when i did mine for the ram i owned. worked out good. :biggthump

· Registered
82 Posts
Not sure what year your Dakota is but I've just had headers installed on to my 2005 Dakota and Love Them... I think they're well worth the money and once i get figure out what to do with my Y-Pipe they;ll work even better...

Here's a couple links to pictures of my manifolds and headers side by side being installed.

http://www.onlineautorama.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=182

Here's a cheesy video i made of the new tone of the exhaust.
http://www.onlineautorama.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=844

I ordered a F&B 70mm TB which should be here tomorrow or thursday. WOOT so we'll see how that works out.. F&B is Great.

Let me know what you think of the video...

Jim.

· Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OnlineAutorama said:
Not sure what year your Dakota is but I've just had headers installed on to my 2005 Dakota and Love Them... I think they're well worth the money and once i get figure out what to do with my Y-Pipe they;ll work even better...

Here's a couple links to pictures of my manifolds and headers side by side being installed.

http://www.onlineautorama.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=182

Here's a cheesy video i made of the new tone of the exhaust.
http://www.onlineautorama.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=844

I ordered a F&B 70mm TB which should be here tomorrow or thursday. WOOT so we'll see how that works out.. F&B is Great.

Let me know what you think of the video...

Jim.
I got the 2001. I'm in the same boat as you when it comes to the y-pipe. I just ported my TB so i'm going to hold off on a TB for now. I like the pics you took :biggthump cool video I like the way your truck sounds :bow:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.