Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I installed a Flowmaster Super 40 muffler in place of the stock Ultra Flo.

The Super 40 sounds great, a much cleaner sound than the standard 40 series I have heard in the past. Nice and deep at idle. Sounds good up through the RPM's. Not what I would consider to loud.

Flowmaster part # 952547. A direct replacement for the stock muffler. Got mine from Summit Racing for $89 to my door.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
congrats. I know you love it. I'm running the regular 40 part # 430402. you say the super sounds better....hmmmmm

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
oh no....next project for me is a 50mm TB or hypertech programmer

·
Registered
165 Posts
just put one on my truck too went with new mopar ceramacoated headers, 3" single system with no cat and a flowmaster super 40 muffler with an escalade corsa exhaust tip exiting out the side in front of the rear tire. Talk about a bad ass sound. I use to have a regular 40 series flowmaster and i think the new super 40 blows it away in the way it sounds. Its still loud but a deeper loud and not as wraspy like the original.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
lets see a pic :woot:

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Damn you guys got me drooling for exhaust for my Durango

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
hook it up. swing by your local muffler shop..... I had a 40 flowmaster installed with duals and tips for $300. Not true, but the sound & look is what I was after. I don't plan on race'n my D

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Rock-

When you had your "Duals" installed, did you make a rounded notch in your bumper to allow for the left exhaust tip? I would only get the duals if this is possible without adding too much extra money. Damn, but 3 large is not too bad. I guarantee it is a lot more expensive in Boston though. Everything is expensive up here.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
no notch. I plan on going with the SP360 kit later, so it's no big deal right now. Most places that I've read all run around $300. might be even cheaper if you can pick up the muffler yourself.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts