Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '02 QC, and just dropped in the K&N FIPK. My buddy at the local truck shop says that a set of matched injectors makes a huge difference in everything. Does anyone here have any experience with this? I put a set of hi flow injectors in my 4.3L V6 S10 blazer, but that was a TBI, not direct injection like my 4.7QC. And while looking at injectors, there are several flow rates available.

Anyone who has done this and has some thoughts, I would love to hear them.

Thanks!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Not all stock injectors supply the amount of fuel that they are rated for. For example if the injector is rated for 21 pounds it more then likely will deliver something less. A more precise injector will supply fuel at it’s rating and not below. Mopar and Motorcraft to name just two offer injectors that are very precise.

If you change out the injectors I would stay with the stock flow rate unless you plan on doing a lot of engine work to increase HP well past stock. You should notice a difference after changing to a more accurate injector, the idle and throttle response should improve.

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
-=ChAoS=- said:
I have an '02 QC, and just dropped in the K&N FIPK. My buddy at the local truck shop says that a set of matched injectors makes a huge difference in everything. Does anyone here have any experience with this? I put a set of hi flow injectors in my 4.3L V6 S10 blazer, but that was a TBI, not direct injection like my 4.7QC. And while looking at injectors, there are several flow rates available.

Anyone who has done this and has some thoughts, I would love to hear them.

Thanks!
The OEM injectors flow plenty of fuel to handle 400 rwhp. Many people find that installing bigger injectors causes trouble with the OEM/aftermarket PCM's, you almost need a standalone system to properly control the biggest injectors.

I haven't heard of anyone replacing the OEM injectors with a matched set at the same rate.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I know on the Mustangs if you go with bigger injectors you have to go to a bigger MAF sensor and all that shit, i would leave you stock one in, like Sincity said the stock ones are just fine

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.