Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i'm sure this has been addressed before, but i couldn't find any answers using the search function. i put in a set of 30lb injectors when i did my 408 and i'm thinking they're too much. should i just leave the stock injectors and maybe find a way to install a fuel pressure regulator instead?

my compression ratio is 9.3:1, 555lift cam, M1 4bbl with 2bbl adapter, F&B 58mm, 2.02 heads, SCT with a hughes tune (which i'll probably change soon).

i'm getting pissed here....spent a lot of money on this motor and it's not running right...

·
6.9 6 speed
5,421 Posts
hughes tune is probably the problem. Contact hemifever and have him tune it. The 30's will be just fine.

·
Premium Member
1,388 Posts
hughes tune is probably the problem. Contact hemifever and have him tune it. The 30's will be just fine.
QFT. I am running 30's on my 408 with hemifever tunes and I am having no problems. We have the same mods except i'm running a 585 lift and sitting at 10.9 cr.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I'm running 30# injectors on my 408 with an SCT tune and the injector size doesn't seem to be a problem.

What kind of problems are you having?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm running 30# injectors on my 408 with an SCT tune and the injector size doesn't seem to be a problem.

What kind of problems are you having?
while cruising if i step on the throttle, it feels like someone is putting their hand over the throttlebody and it chokes for a second or 2 and then takes off.

·
Back in black
18,381 Posts
I'd probably talk to Hemifever about your tune like others said. I didnt even know Hughes did SCT tuning. 30# injectors shouldnt be too big, but the tune for them might not be spot on.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I know your frustration wanted to sell the R/T last week because of it's tuning issues. I am running the 24lb injectors on my 408 and is running lean. You will be fine with the 30's they can always take fuel out of her. What is you af ratio? When you reprogram your SCT it takes a little while for your computer to re-learn from that new tune. Is your engine light on also?

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
It really wont matter too much how big your injectors are (to a point) because the tune can trim them down. I run 43 lb ones because they were on sale. Chris at PIE tuned mine and it runs great.

Motor is stock with stock cam but a Powerdyne blower an M1 intake.

I would say your tune is off. Do you have a wideband? If not, you really need to get one to get the tune correct.

·
Registered Loser
2,342 Posts
i'm sure this has been addressed before, but i couldn't find any answers using the search function. i put in a set of 30lb injectors when i did my 408 and i'm thinking they're too much. should i just leave the stock injectors and maybe find a way to install a fuel pressure regulator instead?

my compression ratio is 9.3:1, 555lift cam, M1 4bbl with 2bbl adapter, F&B 58mm, 2.02 heads, SCT with a hughes tune (which i'll probably change soon).

i'm getting pissed here....spent a lot of money on this motor and it's not running right...
I have 26's in mine when tuned with the SCT, but I have run the stock injectors on a MP PCM on it too. My cam is just a wee bit milder at 525 lift, but other than that, it's pretty much the same motor.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I running 39lb inj with a hemifever sct tune and it works fine. I running .580lift cam with ported edelbrocks and 10.1:1 motor

1 - 10 of 10 Posts