Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, just looked into the M1 intake for my 318. wondering if it's worth it on my size engine, and what kind of gains, and loses?? i will have if i decide to do the mod. I got the price straight from the dealer, and it's 635CDN with the installation package, i'm guessing this is the average price, don't know for sure since it's coming direct from the dealer. The dealer also said approx 2hrs for installtion, this sound about right?

Regards

X

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
I'm getting my M-1 2bb for $310 shipped plus $88 for install kit. Don't know about the 2hr install time. I'm sure thats how long the techs have to do it in. For somebody thats never done a m-1 install it might be 3-4 hrs.

It took me 8 hrs to put in a new water pump. At the time I had no experience under any hood, but I got the job done and saved me lots of money doing it myself.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow

Wow so 635 isn't such a great deal, oh well only looking into it from far away right now...get further into it later...

thanks for the input

·
Home Owner....
2,565 Posts
the M-1 will work great on a 318/5.2L

for the best price around hit up www.socaldakota.com for your M-1...CDN 635 is WAYYYYYY to much.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Egr

ACtually i asked that exact same question to the parts guy....EGR is exaust gas recirculating valve. I'm GUESSING that EGR is only for the later model dako with the Magnum motors not the LA?...don't know for sure, but that's what EGR stands for

·
Home Owner....
2,565 Posts
MoparDrvnFiremn said:
question? what is the difference between egr & non egr???
EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation)was a early form of SMOG controls. with the advent of modern engine controls it was quickly shelved.

you can run either one on a Magnum motor. you will get the block off plates for a non-EGR app. only thing is the extra stuff to look at. non EGR`s are easier to get, go figure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts