Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Disturbing the peace
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on replacing my exhaust system soon, and I need a question answered. My question is will I lose or gain anything from switching from my old system to my new one? My old system is a 2.5 in/out flo-pro muffler, followed by a y-splitter into dual 2.5 pipes out the rear. My new set-up is gonna be a 2.25 pipe right off the main pipe after the cat, bent up over the frame rail, and exiting under the front passenger side of the bed, ending in a double-exit tip. I figure that this new system will have a bit more back pressure than the old one(especially since the new one won't have any holes in it :woot: ), which will hopefully help out with lower end torque. I know that some of you will say that it'll sound like crap without a muffler. I have been told by a couple people that it can actually sound pretty good like that, and if it doesn't, I'll just hack a muffler into the mix later on.

Oh, I guess it would help to mention that this is going on a stock 3.9 V6, that has only a drop-in K&N filter right now, but it will be geting a 360 Intakez CAI kit by the end of the year, and some roller rockers next spring(if all goes as planned).

Thought? Opinions? Crazed rants?

·
Disturbing the peace
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Adam said:
if you like the side exit check out Spintechs side exit exhaust.
I took a peak at it, but I think I was it priced at like $350. That is a bit much for my wallet.

·
Disturbing the peace
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Whoops. I completely forgot about this thread. I have decided to go with a 2.5 in dual 2.25 out spintech sportsman muffler with a resonator in place of the cat(or between the cat and the muffler if I just gut the thing), with dual polished 3" stainless steel straight cut double walled tips coming out at a 45 degree angle to the truck right in front of the rear passenger side tire.

Oh, and there will also be two spark plugs going into the works near the tips, just for those times when I need to heat things up!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.