Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive tried this before.Now Im doing it again.Im installing a new head unit.Im satisfied with the factory amp.In the past I tried using a soche wiring adapter.I hooked it up per the instructions.The radio powered up.No sound.it has to be the adapter.Does anyone Know if an adapter is made for the Infinity system.I really dont want to cut up the harness.

·
Registered
10 Posts
hey, I had the same problem with my R/T, i could hear the am/fm stations but, not the cd. there are 2 blue wires, one w/ stripe and one w/o stripe. I pput together the one w/ stripe that comes from the head unit w/ the one w/o stripe that comes from the adapter, and problem solved.

Again...
headunit's blue W/ STRIPE w/ adapter's w/ blue W/O STRIPE

hope it helps

·
Registered
18 Posts
yeh thats the amp turn on wire or remote wire as most people call it, if the vehicle is not using the can-bus system to turn on the amp then you need to have that remote wire connected to turn the factory amp on, if you have the model or part number of the schoshe harness and the year of your durango I can tell you what wires need to be connected and if its the right 1 for your application.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts