Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
10am, tomorrow morning.

I'm just SO excited. The waiting sucks. 8am I go to get some winter tires and rims, and have them mounted and balanced. 10am I go to get the Focus and finish off all the paperwork as well as paying for it all.

I put down 1G on it, out of the 6100. Tomorrow the rest gets paid. this will be my 2nd car, the first one that I own that will be driveable. The Jeep is still there, and still my project. I'm just REALLY excited.

Here's another sneak peak of the interior!!! This is absolutely exciting to the max for me! I've driven stick about 4 times, by the way. Most recent was test driving this, and no, I did NOT stall it! :O hahahaha

man, I'm like a kid in a candy shop. SOO excited.

SPECS OF THE CAR:

5 Speed, 2.0 4cyl, heated seats, heated mirrors, power windows, power locks, power brakes, power steering, power sunroof, power mirrors, A/C, traction control. cruise control, tilt steering, it MIGHT have a block heater, Ill know for sure when I pop the hood.

i love it! i can't wiat to get it.

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Best part? Full coverage, 1000$ deductibles, I'm 20 and I've had my FULL license for 11 months (been licensed for over 3) and my premium is 190$/month.

·
vtec kickin in yo
709 Posts
looks about as bad as a deathtrap as my civic.

·
Registered
546 Posts
In my area manual trans is cool until you hit traffic where everyone wants to go 1mph in their autos and you can go 3mph at minimum in 1st idling on the brakes. thankfully that mostly only happens in heavy snows. After experiencing it a few times it made me regret my decision... it drives me that crazy.

But snow is what my Dak is for!

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In my area manual trans is cool until you hit traffic where everyone wants to go 1mph in their autos and you can go 3mph at minimum in 1st idling on the brakes. thankfully that mostly only happens in heavy snows. After experiencing it a few times it made me regret my decision... it drives me that crazy.

But snow is what my Dak is for!
snow is what my Jeep will be for! i still needed something else. For what I paid, I think I got a fun little car. It's got summer sport tires on it!

edit: smokey burnout to come?

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Manual trannies :drive: are highly :woot: addictive :D
As for traffic, get a Garmin or Tom Tom and hit the Detour button.

·
Banned
7,509 Posts
10am, tomorrow morning.

I'm just SO excited. The waiting sucks. 8am I go to get some winter tires and rims, and have them mounted and balanced. 10am I go to get the Focus and finish off all the paperwork as well as paying for it all.

I put down 1G on it, out of the 6100. Tomorrow the rest gets paid. this will be my 2nd car, the first one that I own that will be driveable. The Jeep is still there, and still my project. I'm just REALLY excited.

Here's another sneak peak of the interior!!! This is absolutely exciting to the max for me! I've driven stick about 4 times, by the way. Most recent was test driving this, and no, I did NOT stall it! :O hahahaha

man, I'm like a kid in a candy shop. SOO excited.

SPECS OF THE CAR:

5 Speed, 2.0 4cyl, heated seats, heated mirrors, power windows, power locks, power brakes, power steering, power sunroof, power mirrors, A/C, traction control. cruise control, tilt steering, it MIGHT have a block heater, Ill know for sure when I pop the hood.

i love it! i can't wiat to get it.
thats pretty plain jane interior to me. glad to see it wont take much to excite you. sure it will smoke the tires. that is if the roads are wet or icy.

Its a great looking chick car :jester:

B

·
0 Posts
Don't let these guys get you down. Paying cash for a new car is enough to excite your ass no matter who makes it. Drive the hell out of it and be proud because you're the only one that needs to be pleased with the purchase.

·
Happy 4th of July!
47,199 Posts
That a ZX5? I think those had a 2.3 but I'm not sure. I could never stayed focused long enough to care. I almost bought a SVT Focus, kinda wish I had. It was a cherry little red hatch.

My DD was WAAY cheaper. :nana:

·
Professional Slacker
559 Posts
The fuckus will do a burnout. My friend's father owns all fords(97'ish ranger 5spd 4cyl -- 02ish focus auto 4cyl[does burn outs rather well for fwd] -- 08 Mustang Bullit{:drive: :woot: :woot:}) The mustang is the best but I love the focus also. Be happy with what you go and have some fun. I've got to look for a vehicle now, so if someone wants to donate a DD to me...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts