Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, in a nice little spur of the moment thrill seeking (I launched 3 feet into the air off a pile of woodchips and landed nose first...), I managed to blow a light buld, wrinkle a fender, tweak my hood, bend both tie-rods and loosen my ball joints. Hoo-rah. I just got bought new light bulds, tie rods, tie rod ends, ball joints, and shocks (cause they were on sale) to the tune of about $250. (Not bad I guess, considering it could have been much worse). Anyway, I was just wondering if anybody can think of anything else I should look at replacing while Ive got most of my front end torn apart. Ive got a 1998 Dakota Club Cab 4x4, its got 118k miles, and I just replaced the plugs, wires, cap, rotor, air and oil filters. Any ideas? Thanks.

-Fox

·
Likes More Power!
282 Posts
Maybe you could get some help from these guys :D :

Then again, maybe not:

You may have frame damage! Is your radiator still in the same place?

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Yea I'd check the radiator, condensor, oil cooler if you have one. Though it doesn't sound like there's too much front end damage.....the wheels and suspension took most of the hit. Good luck with your repairs.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No frame damage, fortunately, checked for that already. I didnt land directly on the nose, I should have specified, most of the impact was soaked up by the skid plate underneath my front diff, then the wheels. I was amazed when the skid plate didnt have any damage and neither did any of the bumped. But boy it scared the hell outta me. I dont have a trans cooler (is there a difference between an oil cooler and a trans cooler?) but I do want one. Do they help at all? And thanks for the support :)

-Fox

1 - 4 of 4 Posts