Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Adrian Guzman
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have infinity speakers in my dak, and i hope that mtx box under the rear seats with two 10'' mtx subs. after that i'm kinda stuck on where else i can put more speakers or even subs in my truck. i know theres rocker panels, i think thats what its called. other than that i don't know where else i can put them. any ideas help out,

·
Banned
8,203 Posts
You don't need more speakers in your truck to make it sound better, you just need better speakers and good placement of them. Throw in a Thunderform with some good subs, a 6.5" set in the back, and then a very good component set up front. After that, you won't need anymore speakers.

·
Adrian Guzman
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
got em

yellowdak, i already have a thunder form with two 10'' subs, and traded my stock speakers for 6.5'' infinity speakers all around. you can't tell me that more speakers won't make it louder and better though.

·
Registered
277 Posts
you need a very good component set up front like yellow said. infinity is alright but aint gonna be what you need especially coaxs... get some good comps and an amp for em and youll be set, if you are really thinkin you needa go all out get some 7 or 8 inch midbass then the comps and another set of tweets and go active.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Corepred4 said:
yellowdak, i already have a thunder form with two 10'' subs, and traded my stock speakers for 6.5'' infinity speakers all around. you can't tell me that more speakers won't make it louder and better though.
Are the infinities amped?

·
Premium Member
74,416 Posts
Shoot you don't need more man.. I have only my comp in the front and 1 ten in the back and its too load as it is... :biggthump It just depends on what you have and how you power them man .. I have boston pro seires componets in the front and one JL Audio 10w7 in the back and its plenty of enough sound for lots of people .. and I still have my factory speakers in the rear :rofl: one of these days I'll get around to replacing them ..lol

·
G.F.Y racing president
9,424 Posts
Corepred4 said:
i have infinity speakers in my dak, and i hope that mtx box under the rear seats with two 10'' mtx subs. after that i'm kinda stuck on where else i can put more speakers or even subs in my truck. i know theres rocker panels, i think thats what its called. other than that i don't know where else i can put them. any ideas help out,
kick panels. down by your feet when your stiing in the front seats. you could get a few componet sets and put them in, one set for the doors, and one set for the kick panels, have one amp powering them, then another powering the back cab speakers and the sub box. but i think if you get creative like i did with the doos as far as speaker placement, just the "stock" locations should be fine. do you have a spot for the tweet in the upper part of the door panel? if not, put one there...i did. i can post a pic later too if ya like to see... :banana2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts