Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
One of the Elite
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rear end of my truck is sorta rusted. Im guessing its from years of being driven in the rain, snow, etc from whoever owned it before me. The rest of the under carriage is ok, but the rear is rusted. I want it to look better. I was thinking of eventually getting a chrome rear differential cover or just wire brushing everything and spraying it all with undercoating or black paint.

Any comments or ideas ?

~CYCLONE_06

·
Registered
582 Posts
yup, unless it's a trailer queen I've never seen a chrome cover not rust within 6 months of installing. And who wants to polish under their truck anyway?

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
CYCLONE_06 said:
The rear end of my truck is sorta rusted. Im guessing its from years of being driven in the rain, snow, etc from whoever owned it before me. The rest of the under carriage is ok, but the rear is rusted. I want it to look better. I was thinking of eventually getting a chrome rear differential cover or just wire brushing everything and spraying it all with undercoating or black paint.

Any comments or ideas ?

~CYCLONE_06
Same as above - have it stripped and re-painted. You may want to try to use POR-15 or a similar anti-rust paint so it doesn't happen again.

·
'10 Camaro RS/SS
3,894 Posts
If it's a daily driver, yup these guys are right, clean it up and spray it. If not, then disassemble the rear end and have it powder coated. :mullet:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts