Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok fellas, I'm thinking of lifting my truck instead of selling it. It currently has a 3/5 drop on it. I have only seen for the 2wd's the fabtech 3" kit. Is this kit any good ? I would probably go with the fabtech 3" plus a 3" body lift. What else is needed that is not included in the kits ? I currently have aftermarket (drop) front control arms, I assume I will need to put the stockers back on ? Will my anti-swaybars still work with a 3" suspension lift ? How much $$ should I expect to pay (minus labor) for a complete 3" suspension lift (no body lift) ? Do any of you lifted guys run polyurethane bushings, if so do they squeak any ?

With that said, anyone interested in a western chassis drop kit ? :D

:banana2:

·
Registered
396 Posts
i went w/ the fabtech 3" lift and the performance accesories body lift 3". the fabtech cost me 740 w/o labor and the body lift was 190 w/o labor. im runnin 33x12.5x15. to me it's an awesome setup so far. it's only been a few weeks and i haven't beat it to hard yet so it's good. if you run the fabtech lift you can't run the stock wheels, because of the 5" backspacing, you will need a minimum of 3 3/4 backspacing. and all the components are included w/ these kits there should be nothing else to buy, but im not sure since your truck is lowered. in a couple weeks i will have pics of everything done, so you can check it out then.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ur lowering kit

Hey, good choice on staying with the Dak. By the way I might be interested in ur lowering kit. How much are u asking and will it fit an '02 SXT?

Thanx

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Why would anyone want to lift a 2wd? Why not just get a 4x4? :jester:

·
July Truck of the Month
8,227 Posts
N56629 said:
Why would anyone want to lift a 2wd? Why not just get a 4x4? :jester:
People do it all the time. I guess it's just due to the fact that they like the look and they've gotta work with what they've got already.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
QuaTscH94 said:
People do it all the time. I guess it's just due to the fact that they like the look and they've gotta work with what they've got already.
Do you mean like the people that want to lower their 4x4? :biggthump

·
July Truck of the Month
8,227 Posts
LOL, maybe both of those people should trade trucks :jester:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts