Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it happened ive been looking for a winter truck needed the 4x4

and i friend of my dads bought a 1992 s-10 blazer new and he ended up giving it to me since its just been sitting for a long time

so for all i had to do was oil change and a new battery and its runing ok - it needs some fresh gas it reaks of dead gas

its so freaking rusty its almost funny!! one of the fender flares im not even sure whats holding it on the car theres NO metal

but hey its a winter beater, keeps my dodge off the streets

·
USMC
3,174 Posts
it happened ive been looking for a winter truck needed the 4x4

and i friend of my dads bought a 1992 s-10 blazer new and he ended up giving it to me since its just been sitting for a long time

so for all i had to do was oil change and a new battery and its runing ok - it needs some fresh gas it reaks of dead gas

its so freaking rusty its almost funny!! one of the fender flares im not even sure whats holding it on the car theres NO metal

but hey its a winter beater, keeps my dodge off the streets
i reckon theres nothing wrong with driving a chevy for a while. ide prefer a chevy over a ford

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
my opinion of chevy has altered quite a bit after owning my 06 trailblazer SS. its on its 3rd motor and has had several other problems. im taking it back again wednesday because its been stalling out everytime i drive it

·
Registered
520 Posts
jesus 3 motors. now i remember why chevys always came into my advance auto all the time when i worked there LOL.

·
Currently embracing Fords
6,525 Posts
After the 2nd the motor they would have been buyin' that piece back.

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
Nice!!

I'd love to rock an s10 blazer! Especially the old boxy ones!! Drop a 350 in it!! :rockwoot:

or, just kill it.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
You get lemons with every car manufacturer......

My old man has owned chevys all his life (owns a golf course construction company) - has beat the living piss out of pretty much every vehicle he has used for work and had very few issues.

Then my brother buys a brand new chev in 92 and the motor was fucked from day one.......

·
Registered
555 Posts
I agree with GWhaley. All makes have "lemon" vehicles that are doomed from day one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts