Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Medium Pimpin
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys (and girls). I just need to know the sizes of a few things. I have an '02 Durango SXT 2WD with the 4.7L engine.
1. What is the stock size of the tailpipe?(<--I need to get an exhaust tip to fit it.)
2. What is the size of the gas tank? (<--I'm trying to figure out what kind of mileage i'm getting)
3. What size are the factory tires/rims, bolt pattern, etc....Basically anything I would need to know to get new rims? (<--I'm wanting to get some chrome aftermarket rims for it, but want to stay with the stock size.)
4. The stock size on all 4 door speakers is 6.5", right?

Thanks in advance. :help: :help:

· Registered
315 Posts
They also have a 24 gal. tank. It might just be for the quad cabs though.

· Premium Member
860 Posts
You don't need to know the size of the tank to find out what your gas milage is.

Do this.... next time you fill up your tank... don't overfill it,... take the nozel out once it stops. After you've filled up your tank,... simply turn your truck on, and make your milage count how many you drive by starting it at 0. Then,... the next time you fill up... get a receipt for how much gas you've used(it always shows in gallons as well as price,... you'll want the gallon figure). Then hop back into the truck and see how many miles you've gone.... take that number(milage) and divide how many gallons you purchased. That is your MPG.

Paul

· Registered
13 Posts
tell ya what, DONT CHECK YOUR GAS MILEAGE it will make ya sick :sorry: :rant:

· Registered
46 Posts
Answers to your 4 questions

1. What is the stock size of the tailpipe?(<--I need to get an exhaust tip to fit it.)
It is a 2.50"

2. What is the size of the gas tank? (<--I'm trying to figure out what kind of mileage i'm getting)
It is a 25 gal. tank.

3. What size are the factory tires/rims, bolt pattern, etc....Basically anything I would need to know to get new rims? (<--I'm wanting to get some chrome aftermarket rims for it, but want to stay with the stock size.)
Bolt pattern is 6x114mm

4. The stock size on all 4 door speakers is 6.5", right? Yes all the door speakers are 6.5"

· "Fuchengruhvin"
1,096 Posts
darkecho said:
Hey guys (and girls). I just need to know the sizes of a few things. I have an '02 Durango SXT 2WD with the 4.7L engine.

You may also have 15x8's as they were an option. The main thing, other than the bolt pattern, to consider...is back spacing. Factory is 5"...I have 4.5"...but I've seen some people on here that have 3.5". To determine how much back spacing you want, figure out what size tire you want to run and give us another shout :biggthump

darkecho said:
4. The stock size on all 4 door speakers is 6.5", right?

Thanks in advance. :help: :help:
Yes, the stock system in a Durango has 6.5" speakers in all four doors. You can also fit 6.75" and with adapters, less than 6.5"

Good luck and let us know if you need anything else!

· Registered
2,398 Posts
Durangos are all 25

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.