Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a year ago I had 2 inch front belltech coils and 2 inch blocks in the back along with toxic shocks on the front and back. The front wasn't so bad, but the back was horrible. I could feel every little bump and I actually hated driving my truck because it rode so rough. It looked fanatasic, but the ride quality wasn't there at all. I am now thinking about lowering it again because it being at stock height is really doing the truck no justice. I want to cover up the wheel space and make it look nice and tight. I am thinking about either a 2/2 drop or a 2/3. I just want some honest opinions on what kits really are the best and also what shocks are the best. I don't want to get it all put on my truck and then it ride like it used to....So please, any comments would be great.

Thanks,
Jason
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
Drop IT

I have a 3/3 drop from DJM, and 20" rims with 245/35 rated tires. My ride is excellent and I quote my friend from work today (first time riding in my truck) " Your truck rides pretty smooth." I haven't had any problems with my suspension (unless you count hitting that pothole). God Father Customs sells DJM for a pretty good price. Hope this helps.

Later,
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Drop IT

D-Draggin said:
I have a 3/3 drop from DJM, and 20" rims with 245/35 rated tires. My ride is excellent and I quote my friend from work today (first time riding in my truck) " Your truck rides pretty smooth." I haven't had any problems with my suspension (unless you count hitting that pothole). God Father Customs sells DJM for a pretty good price. Hope this helps.

Later,
Did you go with the spring hangers/block combo in the rear and the control arms for the front or did you get new lowering springs put on? Also, what shocks did you convert to or did you keep your stock shock on there?

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
Dropping

I have 3" lower control arms in the front with stock springs and toxic shocks and 3" blocks in the rear with toxic shocks. If you lower your truck, I was told you never wanted to leave the stock shocks on (something about they are to long).

Later,
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Dropping

D-Draggin said:
I have 3" lower control arms in the front with stock springs and toxic shocks and 3" blocks in the rear with toxic shocks. If you lower your truck, I was told you never wanted to leave the stock shocks on (something about they are to long).

Later,
I had blocks in the back before and it rode so stiff....I am surprised yours doesn't. Maybe it's because you have more weight in the back than I do. I am trying to avoid the blocks in the back this time...Thanks for the assistance.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Check out the Hotchkis TVS kit. Everybody I know personally that has them likes them. Doesn't use blocks in the back for the drop. They use a de-arched rear leaf spring so the ride is pretty similar to the stock r/t ride. Handling is vastly improved as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
i know what your saying with the rear of the truck being a little stiff and you can feel everything. i heard the nitro drop shocks made by belltech are fairly soft socks, i havent tried them personally.

but if you cant afford the whole TVS kit just buy the lowering leafs for the rear. thats what im gonna be doing soon.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Milan said:
i know what your saying with the rear of the truck being a little stiff and you can feel everything. i heard the nitro drop shocks made by belltech are fairly soft socks, i havent tried them personally.

but if you cant afford the whole TVS kit just buy the lowering leafs for the rear. thats what im gonna be doing soon.
Yeah that kit is pretty expensive. I don't need new sway bars or anything. I'm not looking to make it handle like a $40,000 sports car. I just want to lower it down and keep atleast the same ride comfort that I have now. Thanks for the idea I think I will just buy the lowering leafs from Hotchkis. Do you know anything about the install process? I imagine it's a lot more difficult that just the blocks and shocks were before. Also, would new shocks need to be purchased in the rear?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
i know the install isnt that difficult just need the right tools. and if you keep the stock shocks with the 3" drop leafs they wont last very long since they are put under alot more stress. i would suggest buying new shocks.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top