Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys i have a 3.7 V6 2004 cc dakota...i have put on a cold air intake and a stage 2 jet chip......i CANT i mean CANT get the tires to let loose..i dont know what else to do i have power braked.and reved it up then drop it into drive......i cant get the tire to burn...what can i do anybody? i would love to sit at a light or take off from a light and break the tires at lease a little bit.....please help me :help:

·
Banned
3,222 Posts
get rid of the jet chip. useless item there. it maybe causing a conflict with your PCM. could you break them loose before the jet chip was installed?

maybe a stupid question but have to ask. is your truck a 4x4? if so could you have AWD version in your truck? look on your 4x4 selector switch. it should be in AWD. so if its AWD then yo ucant pite up your tires.

I dont know if it came with AWD for the 3.7 v6. seen them in the V8 4x4 versions.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey thanks for the quick response but no its not 4x4 and i could barley get'em loose before..but that was like around corners and wet pavement...but now i cant get'em loose at all

·
Banned
3,222 Posts
could just be the truck is just too heavy for the 3.7 to break them loose then. I would try and remove the jet chip. and see if it goes back to normal.so if it goes back to almost breaking them loose then its the chip. havent heard anyone liking the jet chips. its almost like the TB spacers useless. have seen people say our pcm is a learning computer. so it will go back to the orginal programing and ignore the jet chip. I know people likes the superchip programer for the 4.7. I dont know if they make one for the 3.7. if they do. it may help you increase the power to break them loose.

I would be glad if I could stop spinning the tires. a V-8 maybe nice but the cost of replacing the tires gets a lil costly :cussing: :jester:.

·
Banned
3,222 Posts
I want to say a 4.7 TB can fit on the 3.7. as the motors are basically identical except missing 2 cylinders. alot of people puts V-8 TB on V-6. I know the 5.2 TB fits on the 3.9 V6. but you need to modify your throttle cable or get the V-8 throttle cable. so maybe someone can say if the 4.7 TB can fit on the 3.7. maybe a free flowing exhaust system. maybe like flowmasters or something like that. could free up some more power.
maybe the engine specific secction of the board could help yo uout alot

link

·
Getting Old
2,662 Posts
i have a V6 and i have NO problem getting my tires to spin, yes its a manual, but i dont have to pop the clutch to get the tires to spin, just flooring it in 1st or second usually does it. Mines a Gen II RC though so its a lot lighter. Supposedly the 4.7 and 3.7 throttle bodies are completely different, never seen either one in person, but thats what ive read.

Maybe u just have some really good tires....?

Also, if u just have a Stage II and a CAI, the Jet isnt gonna do anything great i guess, theyre supposed to work better with other modifacations...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.