Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a 1st Gen Dodge Durango 5.9l 4x4, year 2000, and I've been replacing the timing chain, water pump, etc and on re-installation I noticed I have a rogue wire that I don't remember removing and I don't have any pictures of the wire plugged in to anything. By any chance does anyone know where this wire goes to? Re-installation is halted until I ID this wire.

The mystery wire is the one with the yellow connectors. The other plugs are for the washer fluid pumps, etc on the upper radiator shroud and are just to show that the mystery wire is connected to the same loom.

The picture of the threaded hole is the rear right of my radiator and I'm also wondering if someone knows what goes there. I'm thinking it's a sensor and that wire plugs in to it, because the wire reaches it perfectly.

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just a stab in the dark but might be the front washer pump wire or the washer fluid sensor. Hope this helps...

Steve

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your reply!

The upper radiator shroud only has three plugs and they're already accounted for. I have the shroud off and inspected it as well in case I missed a plug in, and all I see are three.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes. On my '01 the yellow connector goes to first pump.

Sorry cannot check my son's '00 with the 5.9 in it as it's in CA

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You are correct, however, this is a different yellow plug and not long enough to reach the pump.

If you wouldn't mind asking him to look at his truck when he has a chance, I would be eternally grateful!

The solo plug picture is the washer fluid pump connector. The picture with two plugs; the plug on the right is the mystery plug that I am trying to identify
IMG_20200710_182938079.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Check the intake air temp sensor on the intake manifild...kids not answering me right now so I'm looking at the manual and my spare parts collection

·
Likes More Power!
251 Posts
Found it with help!
Do you know if this sensor has been deleted with the upgrade to K&N cold air intake and headers?
Regardless of the air filter setup, the PCM (computer) needs to have an intake air temp reading. If it is disconnected odds are you'll see a dash light and the truck will not run right.

On the 09 Challenger I used to own there was a provision in the aftermarket cold air intake pipe for the OEM temp sensor. Any reputable CAI maker will have such a provision. If you do not have one, it's usually fairly simple to drill the right size hole for a grommet and then insert the sensor. Just make sure you do so within range of your connector and before the mass airflow sensor.

Also if you need just the connectors, don't pay $18 for them! A site called corsa-technic stocks many of the connectors used on these trucks for under $5 each with seals and terminals. They are also reasonable on shipping.

·
Registered
247 Posts
That one is for the outside ambient temp for the overhead console. It's in the wiring system regardless of whether your truck is so equipped or not.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts