Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Adrian Guzman
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody with rollpans, if you have pictures or info on how to take off the back bumper please post. or if you know what size i need to take off those bolts. oh and to take off the front bumper. i got my roll pan and cervinis bumper painted and now all i have to do is uninstall old and installl these. help please

·
Registered
48 Posts
you didnt install it before you got it painted to make everything straight and line up the way you wanted?? but the rear bumper is simple just crawl under there and take a look at it. there should be 6 bolts connecting to the frame and i believe they are 3/4. as for the front i havent done the front in a LONG time but i know it was more of a pain in the ass than the rear

·
Mike
839 Posts
Grab some sockets and lay under there...not that hard to figure out what size socket to use...3 bolts on each side.

·
July Truck of the Month
572 Posts
Corepred4 said:
i was under there today but i just couldn't find the right socket. we probably had everything BUT that. yeah i saw the three bolts.
3 bolts on each side, they require an 18mm deep socket, just took mine off today :biggthump

·
Adrian Guzman
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
alright i took off the back bumper but how am i suppose to put the roll pan on there. it came with like 5 screws i tried screwing them into the sides but couldn't. am i supposed to drill it into the metal? :help:

·
Sideways on Sundays
984 Posts
You need to drill holes through the metal lip just under the tailgate, and run the screws thru there. There should also be 4 nuts/bolts (2 for each side) that run thru the side of the roll pan and bolt on the backside of the rear fenders. At least that's how the one on my old dak worked, somebody please jump in if you know different, I hate to give wrong info. :biggthump

·
Speed Freak
135 Posts
blk03rt said:
You need to drill holes through the metal lip just under the tailgate, and run the screws thru there. There should also be 4 nuts/bolts (2 for each side) that run thru the side of the roll pan and bolt on the backside of the rear fenders. At least that's how the one on my old dak worked, somebody please jump in if you know different, I hate to give wrong info. :biggthump

Yeah you are right. Taking off the tailgate does makes it easier to drill all the holes. Just makes ure everything is lined up first. then take the tailgate off and drill the 5 holes making sure the drill doesn't hit the lip of the rollpan scuffing off the fresh paint. its pretty simple, i did mine all buy myself

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.