Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
#19 ƃop ǝnןq ǝןʇ&#
13,196 Posts
Not sure, but I don't think it's adjustable...it ain't on my '94 with a 3.9 v6....you can set the cam to crank correlation, but you have to have a scanner to do it.

I may be wrong, someone will chime in here.

·
Banned
1,029 Posts
The easiest way to adjust the timing on a 5.9 is to change it over to a carbed setup with a standard distributor and no PCM. :funny:

Other than that, it's not adjustable.

·
Banned
1,029 Posts
Not sure, but I don't think it's adjustable...it ain't on my '94 with a 3.9 v6....you can set the cam to crank correlation, but you have to have a scanner to do it.

I may be wrong, someone will chime in here.
Cam to crank correlation is set with the timing chain and gears. :jester:

·
10 Second Club
4,009 Posts
Unless you buy the PRP software with the SCT, you're still not changing that timing by yourself.
Or you can have Hemifever or another tuner change it for you, that would be really hard.

·
Banned
1,029 Posts
Or you can have Hemifever or another tuner change it for you, that would be really hard.
Again, you're still not changing it by yourself.

I use SCT on my stroker. It's a good option. I like it, but I still can't make changes on my own.

The part that I don't like about it is I'm at someone else's mercy. My stuff gets done whenever they can get to it. Hemifever is really good about updating things, but I'd rather be able to go out and make my own adjustments whenever I feel like it.

·
10 Second Club
4,009 Posts
Again, you're still not changing it by yourself.

I use SCT on my stroker. It's a good option. I like it, but I still can't make changes on my own.

The part that I don't like about it is I'm at someone else's mercy. My stuff gets done whenever they can get to it. Hemifever is really good about updating things, but I'd rather be able to go out and make my own adjustments whenever I feel like it.
Why cause you change your setup everyday? If you really want get the PRP for like 375 or something like that.

·
Banned
1,029 Posts
Why cause you change your setup everyday? If you really want get the PRP for like 375 or something like that.
I don't change my setup every day, but I'm an impatient fuck, and I would like to make changes at the track, not go home, retrieve my e-mail, and go back 3 weeks later when the weather is cooperating on a T&T night. LOL!

I'm glad to see that the prices are coming down on the PRP, though.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts