Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well I decided to get a 3" BL on my Durango because the only other thing availabe is a 3" Rancho which I can't afford. Well it has come to the attention of the guys that lifted my truck that I have a broken shackle on my passenger side (which explains the noises I was getting) in the rear obviously and he said I also need new leaf springs.

Ok here's my question. Would I be ok just replacing the shackles and leaving the stock leafs on...I don't see why I'd need new ones. My rear sags and doesn't sit even with the front, so will this cause it to sit even? The truck doesn't make any noise anymore, but it bounces more than it should.

Help...please!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I figured on doing (replacing the shackles with longer ones). I hate to bother you dude, but A LOT of your posts on here have helped me in decision making and what not. Can you point me in the right direction of the shackles I need to buy?

Thanks.

·
Banned
8,203 Posts
From what it seems like, other people with Durangos get is just a regular lift shackle. I'm not sure what your rear leaf mounts look like, but they're probably just a standard shackle. If I were you, I'd find the people who have actually put shackles on their Durangos, and ask them what they used and where they got them. I'm sure regular longer lift shackles with work though...

·
Steve & Son
35 Posts
Ritz,

I got my AIM Industries 2" rear shackles from Super-Bee Truck Accessories, who are the only Canadian distributor. You can find a local distributor via AIM's website AIM Industries or I believe you can order directly through them.

If you want to see what your "D" will look like with 3" body and 2" suspension lifts, check out the link in my signature. I have had the lift for a little while, but didn't post any pictures, as I was waiting until I put the LT295/75/R16 (33.4") tires on, which I did a couple of weeks ago, but either was away or out off-road.

It works great (12" clearance at the front skid & rear diff) and everyone that sees it, thinks it looks awsome!

P.S. Your right about YellowKota2K having good posts! He suggested I change my 3.55 gears to 4.10. My rpm (torque) has droped so much with the 33.4" tires that I will be changing the gears for sure, but want to get more info on 3.92, as I still want good hiway speeds.

Hope this helps,

Steve
:toast:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks a lot bro. Well it does appear that my leaf is broken around the shackle. I don't know how, but it doesn't look like the other one. The dealership I bought it from were kinda assholes. When I told him there was some squeeking in the rear and wanted to drop the price his exact words were "What you named off doesn't equate to a "such and such" price drop".

Well he's gonna eat his words because it isn't a bushing or something of that nature like he thought.

·
"Fuchengruhvin"
1,766 Posts
DuNorth said:
P.S. Your right about YellowKota2K having good posts! He suggested I change my 3.55 gears to 4.10. My rpm (torque) has droped so much with the 33.4" tires that I will be changing the gears for sure, but want to get more info on 3.92, as I still want good hiway speeds.

Hope this helps,

Steve
:toast:
Steve - Do not stick with the 3.92's - that's what I have. I have the TOYO 33x13x18's on mine with the 3.92's - now I have about a 3.40ish ratio...which sucks. I will probably go with the 4.56's (off of 2k's info) just for the fact that our trucks are not made to buzz down the hwy @ 90...

·
Steve & Son
35 Posts
lilguido1 said:
Steve - Do not stick with the 3.92's - that's what I have. I have the TOYO 33x13x18's on mine with the 3.92's - now I have about a 3.40ish ratio...which sucks. I will probably go with the 4.56's (off of 2k's info) just for the fact that our trucks are not made to buzz down the hwy @ 90...
lilguido,

I have read more about the gear issue including 2K's info and believe that due to the amount of hiway driving I do, I would be best with the 4.10's, which should still allow me to play in the mud.:woot:

Thanks for the advise!

Cheers,

Steve

·
"Fuchengruhvin"
1,766 Posts
OK - but just so you know - you are looking @ probably a final ratio of about 3.60ish - 1. Not much of a benefit in my eyes...especially since I had 3.92's w/stock tires. 4.56's will land you right around a 4.20ish ratio = 2100-2400 @ 65 mph on the highway (2k can confirm this one)

Here's a calculator link: http://www.dirtroadmagazine.com/gears.htm

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I figured I'd give you guys an update. The dealer managed to put 2 new rear shocks on, a used leaf spring pack and shackle and new rotors on the front all in one day. The truck now sits level, but these damn 305/70/16's are huge. I need to do the T/S lift then it's time to save up for the Rancho 3".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.