Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I traded for my 03 RT back in October. The previous owner had lowered the rear of the truck 2" with blocks (I am not a fan of blocks, I will change out later), but left the front stock height which did not look good. I finally got around to trading with a guy on some Westen Chassis lower control arms (2" drop) to drop the front. I still need to get the front end aligned. Here is a before and after picture. BTW, my intercooler is really close to the ground now :eek:

Before

After

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
that looks much better.

wanna get me some spindles and blocks? lol

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
much better:eek:nethumb:

·
Registered
399 Posts
Looks great. Aways wanted a black one.

Got any pictures of that intercooler setup? Which size did you use?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys for all the positive comments, I really appreciate it. I have been wanting to do this since i got the truck in Oct, but I could never really find the time, or get up with the guy I was going to trade control arms with, mainly because he had to be able to do the switch quick as his truck couldn't be down for an extended amount of time.

Looks great. Aways wanted a black one.

Got any pictures of that intercooler setup? Which size did you use?
Here is a pic of the intercooler. It is the one that came with the Procharger kit (2-core). The pic is before I lowered the front.

·
Gen I FTW
6,010 Posts
lookin good.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Get a 4" Hanger kit and then slightly taller rear tires (or shorter fronts)
I don't want it any lower than it is now. It still rides good and shifts weight good. I will probably do a 2" hanger, and maybe a 1" STEEL block when I do change out the rear aluminum blocks. As far as tires, the rear is already taller than the front tire. It don't look like it in the picture, but you can tell it in person. Must be the angle and the fact that the front end still needs an alignment because of major negative camber, and a slight toe-in. Fronts are 255/50/17 (27.1 tall), and the rears are 325/45/17 (28.0 tall).

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
255 50s are pretty big for the fronts. but i guess you need that otherwise your intercooler would hit the ground! that would scare the shit out of me.

i never seen your truck before. details?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
255 50s are pretty big for the fronts. but i guess you need that otherwise your intercooler would hit the ground! that would scare the shit out of me.

i never seen your truck before. details?
I thought 255/55 was the stock size which is 28" tall, so the 255/50s are a little smaller than stock at 27". 255/50's are the same size as a 255/35/20, which is the size I thought most people ran. I've got some extra 20's that I might throw on there to see what it looks like, and the tires are 255/35/20, which is 27".

Details on the truck: 2003 Dakota RT RC, black, with 53k miles. The truck has ported stock heads, Hughes cam and valve spring kit, Hughes Edelbrock airgap intake, F&B 58mm throttle body, D1SC Procharger, Gibson headers, true duals with Flowmasters (no cats), 4.56 gears, Caltracs, M&H drag radials, cowl hood, SS roll pan, and I am sure I am missing something.

Here is the introduction that I done on the dakota rt forums showcasing my rides. http://www.dakotart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7880

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Sweet. Im in envy

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts