Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
The Burnt Side of OJ
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received these fuel rails today- Was told they came off of a 5.9 but with the parts I recieved I can't figure out how they were hooked up- something doesn't seem to add up-I need a little help- If anyone can give me a little insight on how to hook these up I would greatly appreciate it

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
EBAY?

Those won't work on stock fuel system unless you get creative and buy some more parts, no way I can see to hook em up to the stock fuel line.

They look good....Want to sell em...LOL

Looks like he just tossed some AN fittings in a bag to sell some fuel rails...

·
Blown and Squirted
3,407 Posts
You can get the fittings to make it work. There is an adapter to go from the factory fuel line to AN. (its about 35 bux alone) you're going to need to put 40-50 more dollars into it before all is said and done.

·
The Burnt Side of OJ
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a built motor but they are more for looks- I've seen plenty of 5.9s running rails without regulators. My main question is what to do about the supply line to the rails since there was no hole tapped in the rail for that fitting. here is a pic of someone else's motor- no regulator and then there is a pic of my motor.I found this connector but Do I need to tape a hole into the rails and set it up like a stock system with a cross over on the back side and block the fronts or do a return on the front side as well? or instead of tapping a feed line can I insert a T-style feed connector at the end of the driverside rail????

·
The Burnt Side of OJ
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
EBAY?

Looks like he just tossed some AN fittings in a bag to sell some fuel rails...
I just bought them here off the forum for 180 shipped

and thats what I was thinking with the fittings- especially the feed- nothing adds up right

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
The only way I see it possible to work the way it is pictured is that he had the feed come in in the crossover between rails in the front and didnt include the necessary parts to do it that way. Other than that you would have to tap a hole in the side of the rail.

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
I don't think there's any reason why you couldn't install the rails with the crossover at the front of the engine (as long as there's clearance with those horizontal fittings & hose), then remove the driver's side end cap and install the fittings necessary to input the fuel from that end.

The big incentive towards tapping a fuel port at the OEM location would be to install a secondary crossover at the back, that should help equalize fuel pressure on both sides of the rails better.

Then again, you might be able to do that with these rails without tapping - just put a small block with a fuel input port between the rails and rear crossover, somewhat similar to the GSM rails with their 2x test ports for N2O/gauges/etc. but flow in reverse.

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
Here's a good pic of my GSM rails - you can see the test ports at the ends of the rails on the left side of the picture. I suppose you could bring the fuel into the rails in a similar manner with the proper fittings.

Attachments

·
The Burnt Side of OJ
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys- I went to the local speed shop and they had the connectors I needed- going to have the crossover up front and block the rear passenger side and have the fuel input from the rear driver side with a 6an-90d elbow with the nipple at the end so the factory line will pop right on- Thanks again

·
Registered
168 Posts
u got a good deal on those rails. love the truck i also just got fuel rails but i my front crossover wont fit because of the bolt that sticks out of the back of the ac compressor. and wonder if i can grind it down about a 1/4 inch

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
thanks guys- I went to the local speed shop and they had the connectors I needed- going to have the crossover up front and block the rear passenger side and have the fuel input from the rear driver side with a 6an-90d elbow with the nipple at the end so the factory line will pop right on- Thanks again
Post up a pic when you get it all together. :)

·
The Burnt Side of OJ
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok- Will do!

·
Blown and Squirted
3,407 Posts
u got a good deal on those rails. love the truck i also just got fuel rails but i my front crossover wont fit because of the bolt that sticks out of the back of the ac compressor. and wonder if i can grind it down about a 1/4 inch
That's an overpressure burst valve I believe. You COULD replace it with a plug to gain clearance. Other members have reported never seeing one blow, but you are are still disabling a safety device.

·
Registered
168 Posts
That's an overpressure burst valve I believe. You COULD replace it with a plug to gain clearance. Other members have reported never seeing one blow, but you are are still disabling a safety device.
well i only nead about a quater inch so im just wondering if i could ground off about a 1/4 inch sorry to thread jack just trying to get my rail second crossover to work haha also i see u did your intake in silver vain powder aswell haha

·
The Burnt Side of OJ
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here are the updated photo's - crossover line will be ran up front with as you can see the fuel input from the driverside rear. I appreciate the help guys

·
The Burnt Side of OJ
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
can't see it at work but I have a feeling it's something blown up-LOL yeah I'll make sure all seals are good to go- Thanks

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
can't see it at work but I have a feeling it's something blown up-LOL yeah I'll make sure all seals are good to go- Thanks
Burned to the ground...

I have a aftermarket fuel pump, so I can pump the system up to pressure without cranking the motor to look for leaks before I start it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts