Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have three check engine light codes for all you smart and advanced dakota owners. My check engin light has been on for a while and i never have time to bring it in. But this is what i got.

P 1281
p 0455
p 0305

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
Justin Webb said:
I have three check engine light codes for all you smart and advanced dakota owners. My check engin light has been on for a while and i never have time to bring it in. But this is what i got.

P 1281
p 0455
p 0305

P1281 - Engine is Cold Too Long. Sounds like you recently installed a 160 or 180 degree thermostat.

P0455 - EVAP Emission Control System Leak (Large). Tighten your gas cap, replace your gas cap, or make sure the vacuum lines for the evap controls aren't leaking.

P0305 - Cylinder 5 misfire. If you had 2 cylinders misfiring I'd recommend checking to see if your spark plug wires got crossed during a swap, but you may have a single spark plug wire or spark plug which needs replacing.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dude do you know everything? HAHA

I put in a 160 degree thermo and i live in maine and i think is was too cold in the winter for it.

Now the gas cap thing ill have to look into.

And i just replaced my cap and rotor and wires cause it was missing. And now it fine again. YOu are the man. Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
1281- Bad thermostat-Replace/ Flush Refresh Anti freeze

0455-Evap system~under the Driver seat side/On chassis is the evap system(kit 11.00) replace hose(these a custom fit from mopar-Don't cheap out~well save you so much agg...Left side by behind battery is Purge value~ you can cheap out on these hoses-(these hoses go to Canister on chassis~Use clamps? Auto parts general dealer..

0305-New set of Plugs/if no fix change wires~ might be coil on/ if so 35 a piece (dealer)
Ota do it!

·
Registered
4 Posts

P 1281
p 0455
p 0305

let me know~ had these problems~ have two Dakota 01-02-Coil on wire started 02. If yours is an 01-replace cap and rotor~ swapping wire well let you know~ pow! Wham-Och

·
Premium Member
17,622 Posts
1281- Bad thermostat-Replace/ Flush Refresh Anti freeze

0455-Evap system~under the Driver seat side/On chassis is the evap system(kit 11.00) replace hose(these a custom fit from mopar-Don't cheap out~well save you so much agg...Left side by behind battery is Purge value~ you can cheap out on these hoses-(these hoses go to Canister on chassis~Use clamps? Auto parts general dealer..

0305-New set of Plugs/if no fix change wires~ might be coil on/ if so 35 a piece (dealer)
Ota do it!
Uhhmm, this thread is over 9 years old, way to dig it up from the grave.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Oh~ does that mean you don't own it anymore? sorry my first day here~ so~ sorry jack ass there others who read this~ Thanks for your input~Damn wish I smart like you!

·
Premium Member
17,622 Posts
It means there is no need to bump an 9 year old post thinking you have somehow saved the day for the OP who obviously fixed his problem 9 years ago, or just hasn't driven his truck in 8 years. You decide. How far back did you have to search to find it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts