Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Clean Machine
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not really the whole bowl -maybe just half

please dont bash my thread for street racing-i know i could of been killed.

ok... i was driven home with my buddy in my dak. we stoped at a red light and a subru wrx(dont know what kind) was behind the car that was stoped at the light beside me. the guy kept reving up his little bumble bee muffler. so i put my truck in neutral and gave one real good rev. i have the gs system with the loudest street mufflers they offer-so i drownded him out. when the light turns green im just driven not messin with him or anything, and of course i got the ricer flyby

well we ended up catchin the next green light. i was like what the heck im gonna loose but itll be fun. the whole time at the light he revs his engine. i just waited for it to turn green. the second it turned i took off with little tire spin. i dont know if he missed a gear or what, but i kicked his @$$ :jester:

then once again i get the ricer flyby. then he slows down, so i get beside him and we go from a 20 mph role. as he stomps it i stomped it and my truck took off good(was only like 68 degrees outside) . i was actually beating him for about an 1/8 of mile. he was at my back tire the whole time, then he started gaining and when we let off (around 90) he had me by about a car length.

im really excited my dak did that good.

·
Clean Machine
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys-yeah it was dark i couldnt tell much, i know it looked new and had a thrity day tag. i doubt also an sti. but it was one of the funnest races i ever had

·
G.F.Y racing president
6,587 Posts
4point7dak said:
not really the whole bowl -maybe just half

please dont bash my thread for street racing-i know i could of been killed.

ok... i was driven home with my buddy in my dak. we stoped at a red light and a subru wrx(dont know what kind) was behind the car that was stoped at the light beside me. the guy kept reving up his little bumble bee muffler. so i put my truck in neutral and gave one real good rev. i have the gs system with the loudest street mufflers they offer-so i drownded him out. when the light turns green im just driven not messin with him or anything, and of course i got the ricer flyby

well we ended up catchin the next green light. i was like what the heck im gonna loose but itll be fun. the whole time at the light he revs his engine. i just waited for it to turn green. the second it turned i took off with little tire spin. i dont know if he missed a gear or what, but i kicked his @$$ :jester:

then once again i get the ricer flyby. then he slows down, so i get beside him and we go from a 20 mph role. as he stomps it i stomped it and my truck took off good(was only like 68 degrees outside) . i was actually beating him for about an 1/8 of mile. he was at my back tire the whole time, then he started gaining and when we let off (around 90) he had me by about a car length.

im really excited my dak did that good.
the guy in the wrx must not have know how to drive or something. then things are damn fast. faster than a sub 18 second truck. but glad o see you had fun with him

·
G.F.Y racing president
6,587 Posts
meant to say 16's. thought thats what the 4.7's ran... sorry

·
G.F.Y racing president
6,587 Posts
4point7dak said:
sub 18?

--sub 15
no matter what though, think my point still stands. im not bashing you man, just making a point.

·
Clean Machine
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
beeper said:
Really? You list a 15.90 in your profile... ;)
and thats not an 18

my mph is 87.somthin, when i look on other peoples slips they run mid 15s at 87mph. my truck aint blown but it aint stock either, ive seen people make 14.8 claims with the same set up as me. im goin to the strip when it gets cooler out in a few weeks i think ill do much better. every pass ive ever made was in humid 90 degree weather

·
Clean Machine
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
realdeal7369 said:
no matter what though, think my point still stands. im not bashing you man, just making a point.
oh i know there fast, thats why i was so thrilled and surprised. but if it was the model that runs 14.5s and he couldn't drive, and my truck i beleive is capable of low 15s and i ran perfectly....im not sayin i beat a twin turbo sti
it might of been different if he made the car do that crazy awd takeoff subarus are famous for at the light,but he didnt.

G

·
4point7dak said:
oh i know there fast, thats why i was so thrilled and surprised. but if it was the model that runs 14.5s and he couldn't drive, and my truck i beleive is capable of low 15s and i ran perfectly....im not sayin i beat a twin turbo sti
it might of been different if he made the car do that crazy awd takeoff subarus are famous for at the light,but he didnt.

sti's are not twin turbo

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.