Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

My 91 just started acting up. Wondering if anybody could provide some insight on this.

When I press a different vent selection button on the climate control unit, the vents don't change. Its always on defrost and feet -luckily it is on this one if it stays like this for winter.

My haynes has no information on this other than how to disconnect it. I assume the vents are controlled by the vacuum lines on the back. Any quick ways of troubleshooting this. Where do these lines come from?

Thanks alot
TJ

·
Registered
462 Posts
I’m not sure on the years but my 03 uses a stepper motor to control the air flow to the various outlets. The cam wears down on the motor and you loose control of the direction of the air flow. Mine has been broken for about a month and I just have not had the time to deal with it.

The motor is located under the dash on the drivers side just above the gas peddle. it’s black and has a two wire lead.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Older Dakotas do indeed use vacuum to operate the vents. Problem is, the vent selector is spring loaded with a default setting of defrost to prevent the windshield from fogging. If the actuator pot isn't getting vacuum or leaks the vents will not move from defrost.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.