Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
heres my new inatke instaled was powdercaoted and the sweet fuel rails and non adjust HR rockers i got from john at southeast "http://www.southeastperformance.com/".
(once again why if u ever nead anything call him first)
and the throttle body i got from bwdakrt(best deal for the money.
for all those that bought an intake from hughes and looked at the fuel rail install as a joke there is a beter way

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad266/aintfastenough/PICT0230-1.jpg

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad266/aintfastenough/PICT0222.jpg

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad266/aintfastenough/PICT0218.jpg

·
SideSkirt Central
1,380 Posts
So how's that Hughes intake working out for ya? Have you had a chance to dyno and if so, care to share?

·
Banned
7,625 Posts
^ What he said.

And I think I like those rails. Care to share how much they cost?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
havent dynoed it proubbly ont since its the famly veichle atleast not till i get the headers and exhaust on then only to have it tuned. but i seems to realy start pulling around 2000wich is what iwanted since its a daily driver and u can here it im not sure if its from that or the fact that the hood liner is off but u can realy her the engine and the intake sound u could kinda hear it before with the a.e.m brute force but nothing like this. and for a 318 it sure puls hard on the highway. when i kick it down from say a rolling 40 it puls hard and shifts stiff i had a 2002 r/t durango with hughes 50mm and a keystone viper style hood and gsm headers and custom exhaust and this puls as hard as that so im impressed but when i get the headers and exhaust i wil post what i find out . o and the rails were 400 came with every thing front and rear crossovers.

·
SideSkirt Central
1,380 Posts
havent dynoed it proubbly ont since its the famly veichle atleast not till i get the headers and exhaust on then only to have it tuned. but i seems to realy start pulling around 2000wich is what iwanted since its a daily driver and u can here it im not sure if its from that or the fact that the hood liner is off but u can realy her the engine and the intake sound u could kinda hear it before with the a.e.m brute force but nothing like this. and for a 318 it sure puls hard on the highway. when i kick it down from say a rolling 40 it puls hard and shifts stiff i had a 2002 r/t durango with hughes 50mm and a keystone viper style hood and gsm headers and custom exhaust and this puls as hard as that so im impressed but when i get the headers and exhaust i wil post what i find out . o and the rails were 400 came with every thing front and rear crossovers.
Good to hear the seat in the pants feedback is positive as I've been pondering going to one of these next should my modded kegger not perform as I had hoped with boost. Have you any feedback for the top end performance like does it pull all the way up to 6k rpm if you dared to even run it up that high?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
o u can feel the difernce thought out the rpm bad u just start feeling it around 2000 when driving and u step it sown. but from a dead stop u feal it when u punch it. the wife is constanly telling me slow down and not to stomp on it so mucth. haha then i tell her i didnt stopm it to the floor its only 1/3 way down and i get to lauff i mean 500 bucks for the hole setup wasnt bad for the intake considering if i keep my foot out of it i have noticed just over 2 mpg improvement. and when i drive hard its about the same as stock. haha

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
if your boosted id defintly change both the air gap and m1 are a solid 1 peace no lower gasket to blow out under boost also the both do a good job of cooling the inatke charge over the stock kegger

·
SideSkirt Central
1,380 Posts
o u can feel the difernce thought out the rpm bad u just start feeling it around 2000 when driving and u step it sown. but from a dead stop u feal it when u punch it. the wife is constanly telling me slow down and not to stomp on it so mucth. haha then i tell her i didnt stopm it to the floor its only 1/3 way down and i get to lauff i mean 500 bucks for the hole setup wasnt bad for the intake considering if i keep my foot out of it i have noticed just over 2 mpg improvement. and when i drive hard its about the same as stock. haha
LOL...next time kindly ask her if she wants to drive. I get a kick outta my wife for she reaches for an "Oh Shit" handle but my '99 doesn't have them. God help her the next time she rides in it for she's clueless about the recent blower install.

·
SideSkirt Central
1,380 Posts
if your boosted id defintly change both the air gap and m1 are a solid 1 peace no lower gasket to blow out under boost also the both do a good job of cooling the inatke charge over the stock kegger
I know, I know. I've had an M1 4bbl when I was NA before but had to let it go. Just figured I'd try an extreme highly modified kegger with the blower before sinking more money on another M1 or something else. The kegger's belly pan is aluminum and well sealed up so its not going anywhere trust me and the runners have been completely removed. Just daring to be different and curious about first hand results with this one. Most likely will end up with an M1 again but I'm willing to give the AirGap a go for grins and giggles if for nothing else at least.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LOL...next time kindly ask her if she wants to drive. I get a kick outta my wife for she reaches for an "Oh Shit" handle but my '99 doesn't have them. God help her the next time she rides in it for she's clueless about the recent blower install.
o wow ya id love to drop a blower on her durango but i think she'd notice haha althouh it did take her a year to notice the cai haha

1 - 12 of 12 Posts