Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Texas
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well after waiting for the Hu and speakers to be shipped. the Hu was finally installed this past weekend and the speakers were last weekend. The HU and speakers are in sig. installing the speakers was not the big of a deal, it was a bitch to get the plastic ring off the old speaker to add more space to install the momo's. i got the system tweaked just right for my taste, since the lower end lacks without subs. I have set the HU's eq to +4db @50hz which is the lowest HZ for a bass boost. There is no other boost to the mid or the treble. I will get pics tomorrow for a days shots then i will get night shots.

B

·
0 Posts
sweeet...so you are happy with the sound?
How did the Momo's mate up with the stock spacer and how did you end up connecting the two? I just installed the Infinity 6002i's and the holes did not even come close to matching up. I just screwed the things into the plastic ring. I can only hope that holds and doesnt start rattling.
Did you end up installing the amps yourself or have someone do it? Or..are they yet to be installed?
On your subs will you get a bandpass or closed box?
Brian

·
Texas
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sealed is a closed box. the dx's have the lowest f3 of any sub i have seen in a seald box. I dont have the amps yet but i will have someone install them. The momo didnt have a problem with the screw holes matching up. I did a the speaker adapter for more space. the momos are running off the headunit.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
How the hell do you get the bezel off that goes around the HU, I have an 04 Dak and it has the same dash as yours, and i can not get that damn bezel off, it feels like it's going to brake so i stoped pulling.

·
Texas
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MiniMotoRider said:
How the hell do you get the bezel off that goes around the HU, I have an 04 Dak and it has the same dash as yours, and i can not get that damn bezel off, it feels like it's going to brake so i stoped pulling.
i really dont know about the 04 since its the next gen. but if you look at this link it should help you more. http://www.dakota-durango.com/featuredproduct3.php

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
My 04 has the same dash as your 03.

·
Texas
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MiniMotoRider said:
My 04 has the same dash as your 03.
then just follow the link and i did what was there. Not really sure what else to tell ya. Since its all one piece from the driver side to over the HU you need to just pull. Make sure all the 3 screws are out first from the driver side and dont for get the two where the speedo is. Start your pull on the left side then work your way towards the HU. Thats what i did if they added more screws i dont know. Just take it slow and look when pulling the dash.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Cool thanks I will try it when it warms up out.

·
Car Audio God
502 Posts
Evilsizer said:
sealed is a closed box. the dx's have the lowest f3 of any sub i have seen in a seald box. I dont have the amps yet but i will have someone install them. The momo didnt have a problem with the screw holes matching up. I did a the speaker adapter for more space. the momos are running off the headunit.
How much are you getting the DX's for? I could prolly get you something else new, that is better, for cheaper! peace

NG

·
Texas
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
ngsm13 said:
How much are you getting the DX's for? I could prolly get you something else new, that is better, for cheaper! peace

NG
i have found it for 80buxs but show me a 10inch that has an f3 of 49hz in a sealed box (polks suggested enclosure plans). I have not been able to find any that can.

*edit* my plans for the 10inch might change since i have found some 6.5inchers that are as good as some 10s. Its a tangbang with 11.5mm xmax with only 60rms but i plan on getting four of them.
linky
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=264-832
or just a single dayton quatro 8inch
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=295-545

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
I want to do a single 8 or 10 in my reg cab, so will see how it turns out.

·
Car Audio God
502 Posts
Evilsizer said:
i have found it for 80buxs but show me a 10inch that has an f3 of 49hz in a sealed box (polks suggested enclosure plans). I have not been able to find any that can.

*edit* my plans for the 10inch might change since i have found some 6.5inchers that are as good as some 10s. Its a tangbang with 11.5mm xmax with only 60rms but i plan on getting four of them.
linky
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=264-832
or just a single dayton quatro 8inch
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=295-545

Yup, the tangband came out a little while AFTER the Adire Audio Extremis 6. (www.adireaudio.com) Great little woofer, will serve mid-bass duties very well! peace

NG

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
I am thinking about getting a JL audio 8 or 10, I really like the way they sound.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
I will look into it, but I can get the JL right around here, they have them in stock. but we'll see

·
Texas
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
MiniMotoRider said:
I will look into it, but I can get the JL right around here, they have them in stock. but we'll see
IMO the adireaudio sub is much better then the jl 8inch

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
See I don't want crazy bass, if I put a sub in i am still going to run the stock sound system, i just want a little bass to back it up.

·
Car Audio God
502 Posts
MiniMotoRider said:
See I don't want crazy bass, if I put a sub in i am still going to run the stock sound system, i just want a little bass to back it up.
Ummm...it's not crazy bass. It's EXQUISITE SQ with good output. Regardless, you're going to need an amp to power an 8" subwoofer...so get the better one!

NG

E

·
0 Posts
I would never put any sub smaller than 10" in a car/truck. I have a friend with 3 JL 8's in his car and it sounds alright, but it does lack on the low end.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts