Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Unregistered User
1,243 Posts
Once you hit 25 mph or so, you start pushing more air through the grill then any fan could hope to pull. The fans are really only there for the times you are stuck in slow traffic or idling standing still in warm weather. I took my clutch fan off and only had a heat issue once when it was 100 degrees out at altitude and I was sitting still in a parking lot. If you plan on making this perminant though, it is a good idea to upgrade you e-fan to something stronger.

You have opened up the exhaust a fair amount, but the bulk of the intake is still stock. Letting more air out doesn't do much if you can't get any in. You should notice it wake up quite a bit with a better manifold, heads and TB. If you are wanting to keep it cheap and put more money into the grand national, you could probably port the TB, intake manifolds and heads in your garage for free and throw on a set of 1.7 RR's and wake it up a bunch for not much $$$$. Wouldn't be as much power as an M-1 and eddy heads, but a hell of a lot cheaper.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.