Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
We Are 138
13,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pictures of some damage that I need to fix before paint..

·
don't feed the bears
10,668 Posts
get out the DA and grind that rust off.. take out the window cuz it looks liek the rust might be creeping up in behind the frame...

might be tough to straighten out those kinks..

·
We Are 138
13,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm gonna have a bed cover on, so it should have that bed damage covered up, as much as i hate to leave damaged areas like that, but, i can't afford to buy a new bed, etc

How do you take the rear window out? I really need to get them dents out from under the rear window too

·
We Are 138
13,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just need to get that bed strait in the front, where it's a tad bowed

·
Registered
333 Posts
where it is bowed you could replace that panel or knock it straight again but like he said need to da that rust off and look into seeing how far that rust goes under the window cause that could cause a leak later

·
We Are 138
13,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah i need to find out how to take the window out

·
Dodge, Duck, Dip, Dive!
876 Posts
The rear window is just like a windshield with adhesive, its a bitch, you need a wire cutting tool to get it out and a buddy to gradually push on it from inside

·
Home School Valedictorian
4,250 Posts
Since you have the bed off and you are going to put a cap on it, I would straighten the front as best as you can, get some good measurements and have a sheet metal shop bent up a U shaped piece out of at least 20 gauge maybe even 16 gauge and cap the damaged area.

·
hobby or addiction?
899 Posts
have a windshield place come pull out your rear window. If you've never done it before, chances are it will get broke in the learning curve, he might charge you $20 or so to do it.

·
We Are 138
13,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I planned to replace it with a new window anyway, i was gonna order a whole new back window w/ slider, and send it to 70cuda so he can do his etching

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
i really think you need to find a new bed.with the cash for cluckers program,a shit load of dakotas ended up in the junkyards.there has to be a bed for cheap somewhere.as far as painting it to match,maaco or some other shop might do it cheaper than you think.i'm guessing $600 for a bed including repaint sounds do-able.don't hold out for solar yellow,just to rare of a color.

·
hobby or addiction?
899 Posts
i really think you need to find a new bed.with the cash for cluckers program,a shit load of dakotas ended up in the junkyards.there has to be a bed for cheap somewhere.as far as painting it to match,maaco or some other shop might do it cheaper than you think.i'm guessing $600 for a bed including repaint sounds do-able.don't hold out for solar yellow,just to rare of a color.
x2, i bet you could buy a bed cheap, and get a body shop to paint it. Save yourself the hassle of body work...

·
We Are 138
13,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah I'm not too sure what the plan is here.

None of the JY's around here have any Dakotas, hardly any Dodges for that matter. So it's not too easy to find stuff.

I got the front of the bed straitened out best I could. Cable puller and a block of wood did wonders lol it's not perfect, but it's a hell of a lot more strait than it was. Tonneau cover will cover that anyway.

Now I just need to get the window out and see what's up there. In person up close, it looks like the dent there has just surface rust.

·
We Are 138
13,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The JY's are full of Ford's and Chevy's..What does that tell you? lol

·
110 HP, 11.1 MPG. FML
4,370 Posts
i had this problem when i pulled my bed to do my FP, and i was WAY to lazy to care about fixing it (the bed is SHOT TO SHIT) so all i did was stand it on end and let gravity and cement make things right...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts