Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 200 Posts

· G.F.Y racing president
6,587 Posts
any problems with the turn signals? i just scanned over the page, and it says you need to add a resistor to keep from having issues such as hyper flashing, or burnt bulb conditions. just askin!

· Blown and Squirted
2,513 Posts
Thats what I noticed, Im hoping its a bad picture. If he replaced white light bulbs shining through the red point to blue light bulbs shining through a red pointer they should be purple. Or if they have their own lights un affected.

The outside smaller gauges needles appear fine.

Any ideas on the gear selector? EDIT on second through leaving the gear indicator green looks fine, because the odomete will always be green, so it makes the lower half of the dash uniform. I plan to run a console shifter, has anyone removed their light?

Oh and how much would this have cost you if you planned ahead and didnt get the bases at autozone?

· Registered
2,027 Posts
Very nice :biggthump

· Happy 4th of July!
5,360 Posts
Well I have heard / read that the needles work just fine. If that is the case, I only need to look into changing my HVAC controls to blue first, cause my Alpine has a blue face, and if my whole interior lit up blue, that'd be mad pimpin! (I almost bought the blue LED tubes for under the dash, then I relized I could spend $50 on far cooler things, like a nice Italian Dinner :drool: , shoulda bought the neon... :rant:

· G.F.Y racing president
6,587 Posts
YellowKota2k said:
Nope, they flash just fine. They're talking about if you replace the actual turnsignal bulbs on the outside of the vehicle. If go to LEDs with those, they'll flash faster.
ahh ok then. cool.

· Happy 4th of July!
5,360 Posts
We sell em at Napa, I'll get the P/N for ya'll tomorrow, I have no idea how much they are. I once put Green bulb in my old dakota (to make em REALLY green) but I didn't know they made the sockets, so I broke the stock soldering and soldered in green bulbs... It was a PITA but it did what I wanted it to!

· I know nothing
790 Posts
MeanThree18 said:
We sell em at Napa, I'll get the P/N for ya'll tomorrow, I have no idea how much they are. I once put Green bulb in my old dakota (to make em REALLY green) but I didn't know they made the sockets, so I broke the stock soldering and soldered in green bulbs... It was a PITA but it did what I wanted it to!
:mullet: :mullet:

· Blown and Squirted
2,513 Posts
MeanThree18 said:

Yeh find out the p/n, I have an account at napa.

· 14 cylinders
1,593 Posts
Sweet, i've been wanting to do this. I used to have an old BMW and everything lit up blood red, it was bitchin. I just wish there was a way to change the color of the factory stereo, or else it'll look like christmas in my interior.

· Blown and Squirted
2,513 Posts
AFDakRT said:
Sweet, i've been wanting to do this. I used to have an old BMW and everything lit up blood red, it was bitchin. I just wish there was a way to change the color of the factory stereo, or else it'll look like christmas in my interior.
Upgrade the stereo with one thats blue. You can usually ebay the stocker for liek 125, so it will only cots 50-75 bucks to upgrade.

· I bleev u have mai staplr
3,018 Posts
I just ordered the bulbs from that site. Kinda pricy (like $25 for 5) but it should look great when it's done. Thanks for the info, always wanted to do this.

1 - 20 of 200 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.