Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as the title says whats the best way to test if these parts are bad? i have a clutch issue where the clutch is not releasing i can fight it into gear and once in gear clutch pedal in or out the car will drive itself so im thinking its either a hyrdaulic issue or the shift fork is bent (But i really think its hydraulic as i heard a pop noise before i has issues

the clutch, pilot, throwout bearing and flywheel were just recently replaced about 4k miles ago

-clutch pedal is stiffer then normal almost feels like a brake pedal when it needs to be bled
-clutch reservour is still full no visible leaks anywhere
-clutch is not releasing
-truck is a fight to get into any gear

·
hobby or addiction?
899 Posts
doesnt matter which one is bad. Non serviceable item. Cant bleed it, cant replace single items. Its not too expensive, easy to replace. It will come with the master cylinder, hose, and slave cylinder all in one, filled with fluid.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
does that sound like the correct diagnosis? i have a hard time believing the shifter is bad or the throwout bearing or shift fork broke

ive been getting mixed feedback from autozone.com and advance i did not know it was non serviceable they have the master cylinder seperate from the slave cylinder

wheres the cheapest place to pick up a new assembly please dont say the dealer or the trucks getting parted out :rant::rant:

·
Banned
9,045 Posts
try to lay under the truck and have someone push the clutch in....if the fork moves or attempts to move, hydro isnt your problem

and on a side note...if your brake pedal is stiff....thats a good thing....if its soft, then it needs to be bled....and so on.

·
Banned
9,045 Posts
if the fork does move and the hydro is good where should i go from there?
you will have to check inside the bell housing. fork could have popped off its pivot pin or the pivot pin need adjusting, or the fork tips got bent, fork popped off the trow out bearing...or its just binding somewhere....you will just have to go one step at a time...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts