Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Who needs a Hemi
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys whats the best way to remove the stock injectors from our intake manifold? The 5.9L motor. Can they be twisted? Any tips would be appreciated.

·
Who needs a Hemi
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am doing the m1 intake install on thursday and I didnt want to screw anything up. I didnt want to pull on the rails to hard and have them seperate from the injectors.

·
Home Owner....
2,565 Posts
dakrt2000 said:
I am doing the m1 intake install on thursday and I didnt want to screw anything up. I didnt want to pull on the rails to hard and have them seperate from the injectors.
be careful with the O-rings on them. there are two per and come in packs of one, IIRC :cussing:

·
Registered
799 Posts
mopar rt said:
Now would be a good time to upgrade the injectors! :biggthump

NO!! Without an add-on management system, anything more than the stock 19lb injectors will be too much fuel. The stock ECM can't handle it and you could end up washing the rings out.

I'm running 24's on my 408 but I have a piggy-back ECMs from Perfect Power to help the factory computer control it all. It's hardwired directly into the stock harness.

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
mopar rt said:
Now would be a good time to upgrade the injectors! :biggthump
The OEM 19# injectors will work fine for over 400hp, only the most obnoxious motors should require aftermarket injectors and the PCM doesn't like them very much.

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
dakrt2000 said:
The injectors shouldn't separate from the rails, the clips are pretty stout. You should try to be careful with the o-rings on the injectors... Dodge stealerships want an arm and a leg for replacement o-rings, I found them at Pep Boys in a pack of 4 for $5. When you go to put the rails back in, remove the oil cap and dip your finger in - put a very very thin layer of oil only around the outer edge of the o-rings so they are slippery and won't catch/tear on the manifold.

·
Who needs a Hemi
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys I knew about not upgrading my injectors. I just wanted to make sure I didnt break one when I yanked and the rails.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts