Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I got in an accident and am going to be doing the work myself

I found a junkyard with all my needed parts.

How do you remove the front two bumper brackets? I see a nut on one side, but what tool goes on the other?

How do you remove the grill? I looked at the hood and couldn't find any bolts

Thanks!

·
Home Owner....
2,565 Posts

How do you remove the front two bumper brackets? I see a nut on one side, but what tool goes on the other?

Thanks!
not sure on the bumper brakets....ya might need some torx bits for it....ill check my R/T tomorrow for ya....

as for the grill, ther are ~ 8 screws under the mat/seal that screw into the bottom of the hood, if ya look by the hood latch ya cant miss em.

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
It's is all bolts for the bumper:

·
Premium Member
368 Posts

Thanks!
Bumper:

Open the hood. There's two bolts on each side of the radiator by the bumper (pretty big, can't miss them) Undo those. Then under the truck theres 2 bolts on the side of each frame rail where the bracket connects the bumper to the frame. After you get those, disconnect your fog lamps and pull the bumper off.

Grill:

Open the hood. Look up twoards the edge of the hood and you'll see a row of small nuts, undo those, Then theres a black bar that hangs off the hood that attaches to the grill. Undo those, lower the hood some and pull the grill away from the hood.

...just look before you start unbolting stuff! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts