Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Dak and i can not the the pice off that goes around the radio, and HVAC, and gauge cluster off, i don't want to brake it, but i need to pull my head unit out. Please held.

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
Alright.... here goes it. It's a little tricky,.. but I've done it a few times.... including once on my fathers durango.

There are two screws that hold this badboy on.... they are directly above your steering wheel. Take these out... and you should be able to un clip it rather easy. Just remember... give it a little yank... if it won't come out and you didn't hear nothin break,... give er' a bigger yank. They are just little metal clips. and I have yet to break one.

Paul

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YAAAABUDDY03 said:
Alright.... here goes it. It's a little tricky,.. but I've done it a few times.... including once on my fathers durango.

There are two screws that hold this badboy on.... they are directly above your steering wheel. Take these out... and you should be able to un clip it rather easy. Just remember... give it a little yank... if it won't come out and you didn't hear nothin break,... give er' a bigger yank. They are just little metal clips. and I have yet to break one.

Paul
Yeah I took the screws out and pulled on it, but I did not want to brake it, i will try it again. Thanks Ben

·
Registered
103 Posts
Also, once you pull the dash off for the first time and put it back together, your truck will never sound the same. There is always going to be a squeak or chirp under the dash that will never be found or diagnosed. After taking my dash apart (twice) to work on hard-wiring my radar detector and other mods, the squeaks started. Good luck!

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know I think it will be alright, I had my old Stang dash apart alot and it was fine, smae with my ZX3, but thanks for the input.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts