Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Happy 4th of July!
47,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get Eibach front coils for the Dakota... I like the way they ride/drive

I wanna drop the rear somewhere in the vacinity of 3-5"s I was thinking of removing a leaf or two... I never use the truck as a TRUCK so I don't need it sprund so stiffly in the rear. I don't want it to go TOO low, anyone done this before?!? I can use all the help I can get! I don't mind a 1 or 2" block, but no more, axle wrap gets REALLY bad with anything more...

·
Your hero
561 Posts
Im assuming you're talking about the 93 in your sig. You can get belltech 4" drop hangers or adjustable western chasis ones. I believe the westernchasis are adjustable from 3", 3.5", and 4" (not exactly sure). I have the 4" belltech's and they are great quality and cant complain about them. If you wanted the extra 1" you could always put a 1" block under it.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
You can remove the bottom leaf, since it is primarily an overload spring. That gives you plenty of room for a 1 to 1 1/2 inch block.

It is possible to rework your spring stack, but it can be a lot of trial and error and no guarantee of success. I once put '53 Lincoln spring parts under a '56 Chevy. It totally eliminated spring wrap, but made for a rather stiff ride. Unfortuantely, I also rolled the car about a month later.

·
Happy 4th of July!
47,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, the Spring Hangers are nice, but I want to remove the harshness of the rear leafs... The rear of the truck (I know I know IT'S A TRUCK) is just really bouncy, I think a softer spring pack would allow to act more as I want it too...

Guess I'll have to get those coils upfront and go from there... :mullet:

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Bouncy and harsh don't seem to go together. I usually equate bouncy with soft or bad shocks.

·
Happy 4th of July!
47,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
N56629 said:
Bouncy and harsh don't seem to go together. I usually equate bouncy with soft or bad shocks.
Your right, I don't mean harsh... That's 3/4 ton Truck empty...

It just feels... untuned... More bouncy than anything... Just doesn't feel planted at all.. I don't like

1 - 7 of 7 Posts