Dakota Durango Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Yes you will need a premium ctm look at yours if it says base on it you will need a new one if it dosnt say base then no you dont

·
Home School Valedictorian
4,288 Posts
Would it be easier to just go aftermarket with the switches/controls for the windows and locks if the swap requires a new CTM?

·
Registered
977 Posts
Most ctm's are cheap and take 5 min to swap out

·
Premium Member
9,487 Posts
Yes the CTM can usually be had cheap, and yes the swap is easy, but the wiring is usually not there if the power package isn't ordered from the factory.. So if you're not installing the new wiring harness, then swapping the CTM won't help you.

·
Registered
977 Posts
After talking to dodge on my 04 they only use one harness for inside the cab it should have the hook ups inside the door pillar for windows as 03 and 04 are really alike

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone! New to this forum.

Quick question, I have power side mirrors but manual locks and windows. I noticed I already have a harness in my door (not the power door harness though) that has three clips, two of which are used for the side mirror. Now, does this run to the same CTM, and can I just switch out the harness for the new full one, or do I still need to run the entire harness throughout the truck?

·
Premium Member
9,487 Posts
The mirrors do not run through the CTM. The third connector at the top of the door would be for the Infinity tweeters (two wires, black and green IIRC).. So yes, you'll still need to replace the whole harness if you want power windows and locks.

The alternative would be to make your own 'add on' harness (strip the window wiring out of another harness and re-loom it, or buy wire and make your own using salvaged connectors) and use aftermarket lock motors which don't utilize the CTM.

·
Registered
2 Posts
--take out your old door lock actuators and replace them with the new ones. here is a pic of the new one your replacing it with. to take out the old one, take off the three screws from the side of the door. the new one goes in the same way.

--once everything is out, replace the old ctm with the new ctm. it bolts on the same way as the other one. once that is on, plug in you new wiring harness to the ctm. run the harness throughout the truck to where the other plugs need to go. the new harness is ran throughout the truck the same as the older one.

--once you have your harness ran throughout the cab of the truck, install your new harnesses for the doors.

--after your door harnesses are ran, plug in your door lock actuator. then put on your new power window motor and tracks. this picture shows what holes the power window motor bolts into. the bolts are circled in white. the yellow circles show where the tracks bolt up to. the plug for the motor is on the bottom. the tracks may need to be aligned so the window goes up and down smoothly.

--once you have the doors complete, that is pretty much it. make sure you have the rest of the plugs plugged in inside the cab. after everything is plugged in, connect the batterey and make sure everything works. if everything works, re-install the interior and the door panels. now your truck has power windows and locks. a couple of people have asked me how to do this, so i hope this write up will help out some of you guys. let me know if anything else needs to be added. i did this swap about a year ago so i might have skipped over something. as long as you take your time and take note on how everything is routed, this should be an easy swap.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just want to say how much I appreciate your post. I’m actually just putting old manual doors onto my truck that already has power acc so just wanted to confirm everything would line up, holes etc before buying doner truck. It’s 2022 now and my dakota is pretty rusty. Found a mint body 2wd down south but all manual so just gonna swap it all out like you so kindly explain. Again. Thank you for your time

41 - 50 of 50 Posts