Dakota Durango Forum banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
H.R.C #18
2,035 Posts
just a heads up if anybody is still looking.i have two of these ctms left.both power window ctm's.

·
Registered
1 Posts
just a heads up if anybody is still looking.i have two of these ctms left.both power window ctm's.
Do you still have them? I'm looking for one for a 2001 Durango SLT. Dodge part number on the CTM is 56045453AG. If you have one that will work for me, how much would you want for it? Having problems with the locks continually going off. I've already replaced the Cylinder Lock Switches per the TSB everyone mentions but still having the problem. I don't know what else it could be other than the CTM. Any thoughts?

·
Time for Johnination
127 Posts
Will this work with a 97 and 98 dakotas. I will get the parts out of the same year as my truck but the process should pretty much be the same, right?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Difference in 2006?

Hello
This explanation is just great. Thanks for taking the time to do it.
My query is that my son has a 2006 Dakota and we would like to swap the manual locks and windows for power.
Is anyone aware of any differences between the model year used in the post and 2006?
Is it still a matter of getting the right CTM and nothing further into the wiring and control systems than that?
Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would really like some input on doing this to the 10 or 11 model. I see this is an old thread but know this is a popular mod.
I am wondering if alot of the wiring harnesses needed and mentioned for older models might now be included or (in there) as everything is so streamlined now.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
They still make manual windows and locks? damn. lol

·
Jason is the name
10,481 Posts
yea i know right lol but i wonder what the diffrence in buying a truck/car with manual and converting to power would be... like if you would spend more doing the power yourself or getting it as a option from the factory

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
No idea. I've actually got manual stuff as well. I've gotten used to it though, and it doesn't really bother me anymore. One of these days I'll snag a partout and get all the harnesses and motors and stuff I need.

·
Jason is the name
10,481 Posts
yea i wanna do it too i have the QC so i was thinking of converting the fronts to power and leaving the rears as manual lol or just go on and run the wires and switch out the motors and cranks later lol

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Yeah, low priority at the moment though. I've got a lot more fun mods planned for the foreseeable future. lol

·
Registered Abuser
1 Posts
power seats too?

i know this is an old thread but i was just curious if this swap includes power seat(s)? ive got power nothing and i will do this swap im just wondering if i need to find some nice donor seats too

·
Premium Member
9,487 Posts
Power seats are very easy. You simply bolt them in and run a power feed to the battery. It's a 30A feed IIRC. If you're doing heated seats, you will basically just add the switches and the wiring harness, and another 20A power feed. That's all self-contained.

·
Registered
977 Posts
was everything to do the swap contained inside the cab as in did you need to add any relays into the fuse block and once you get all the parts its just plug and play? im gathering parts just needing a few more details

·
Registered
28 Posts
Question:
This is for a 2001.
Is it possible to swap this to a 98 and have no issues with everything else?

Originally I have the 98 base CTM with the single green connector. No options for power anything.

Anyways I got myself a set of power doors and now I am swapping my cab and dash so its perfect time for me to do all of this.

I pulled a 99 CTM - HIGH model and the entire cab wiring harness. The HIGH CTM has the green connector and a white one but I seen nowhere the wire that would go into the white one.
If you know where this other connector should go please tell me, I just dont see the wire and I have the entire dash out.

I don't care if I have to go to the scrap yard and tear apart a truck to get all of this, I'm just wondering if anyone put this in a 98 or 99 or 97 and had no other issues. By issues I mean flickering headlights, alarm problems etc..

Thanks to all in advance :mullet:
:drive:

21 - 40 of 50 Posts