Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
squealing front brakes

I did the same type of replacement on my Durango, the squealing stopped after I removed the pads...redressed the contact surfaces...replaced pads...No squeals as yet.
:banana2::drive:

·
Registered
23 Posts
The appropriate method is to use sandpaper, sanding disc, scuff disc, or steel wool to remove the glaze. Since I do my repairs on a smooth concrete surface and on my own vehicles…..yes, I just place the pads contact side down and “wax-on, wax-off”.

:banana2:

If the rotors need de-glazing, use sandpaper, sanding disc, scuff disc, or steel wool to remove the glaze. (part of the break-in by some manufactures)

Note: The above methods are for recently replaced Pads and Rotors, on old/worn units, you will most likely need to replace all or some of the components.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have photos of a rear brake job that I will post in a few days. I have to search my computers, don't remember where I saved the photos.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have photos of a rear brake job that I will post in a few days. I have to search my computers, don't remember where I saved the photos.

Unfortunatly I can not locate the photos and will not be doing another rear brake replacement for another few years.

:huh: :sorry:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.