Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Anti-RUB
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some drunk moa-foa (a load that should have been swallowed in my opinion) hit the driverside front fender on my '03 Durango and completly blew away the headlight etc. Got my truck back from the body shop a couple days ago. Everything is great. I've noticed that the new headlight they installed is pointing lower then the other. I looked around the headlight assembly for some screws to turn to adjust its elevation but couldn't find any. Anyone know what I'm missing? Thanks...

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
petrock said:
Some drunk moa-foa (a load that should have been swallowed in my opinion) hit the driverside front fender on my '03 Durango and completly blew away the headlight etc. Got my truck back from the body shop a couple days ago. Everything is great. I've noticed that the new headlight they installed is pointing lower then the other. I looked around the headlight assembly for some screws to turn to adjust its elevation but couldn't find any. Anyone know what I'm missing? Thanks...
There should be a screw directly above the headlight lens and one along the outside edge, they're both phillips heads and can be adjusted with the hood closed.

G

·
Huh, the screws on mine are Torx head for the adjustments... the only problem is... mine don't turn at all. And I gotta lazy eyed dak.:mad:

G

·
Ya know, i got my dak from the shop after some guy pulled out in front of me, rolled em 3x so i got my revenge. Anyways, they failed to realign my passenger side headlight too. I even took it back to do a recall a couple days later and told em to realign it while they had it, the guy even said "got your headlight lined up and your recall fixed" and when i get it, the damn light is in the SAME EXACT position it was in when i took it in. I guess its a conspiracy. I'll take it back in a few days, since i shouldn't have to buy a torx screwdriver just to align my headlight! plus they do it with some computer stuff and whatever.

Shawn

·
Registered
599 Posts
park your truck about one veichle length from your garage door ( or nearest wall) with your lights on so that you can check them for level and for straightness.

Check them on both low and high beams they should be almost straight ahead (your drivers side should be aimed SLIGHTLY in so your not blinding oncoming traffic)

good luck its an easy task and without looking I'll probally agree its a torx head but you should be able to pick one up for a few bucks fairly easy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts