Dakota Durango Forum banner

Oil Change Time?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
1st truck, MoPar lifer
102 Posts
I use synth and change it twice a year. Inbetween, I swap out oil filters and add a quart. This has worked on several vehicles I own and for over 135,000 miles on the wifes Ford taurus, my old Cuda for 10 years and since the Dak doesn't leak or burn any, now that.

·
USMC
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use synth and change it twice a year. Inbetween, I swap out oil filters and add a quart. This has worked on several vehicles I own and for over 135,000 miles on the wifes Ford taurus, my old Cuda for 10 years and since the Dak doesn't leak or burn any, now that.
long time no talk, how are ya?

·
#19 ƃop ǝnןq ǝןʇ&#
13,196 Posts
In the 10 cars we got here...I change the oil regularly at 3,000 miles....give or take a couple hundred miles

Car years range from 1961 to 2003...I use only Castrol brand oil

·
Pre-Teen Giggle Brigade
6,840 Posts
i only use mobile 1 and i change it around like 4k.

·
Registered
384 Posts

I have that shirt on right now XD.

I try to do mine every 3000. The past few have been sooner because I had just had the engine apart at the end of summer. I was using synthetic, but now I'm giving Shell Rotella T a try.

·
USMC
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I have that shirt on right now XD.

I try to do mine every 3000. The past few have been sooner because I had just had the engine apart at the end of summer. I was using synthetic, but now I'm giving Shell Rotella T a try.
i want one of those shirts :rant:!!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Every 5-7K on the Dakota, I use synthetic in it. Every 3K on the truck, no synthetic in it.

Chris

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
i use good ol' 10w-30 dino oil and change it every 4-5k miles. i've got 140k on the truck right now. i can't say if i will switch to synthetic or not. Right now i don't see any reason.

·
USMC
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i use good ol' 10w-30 dino oil and change it every 4-5k miles. i've got 140k on the truck right now. i can't say if i will switch to synthetic or not. Right now i don't see any reason.
i wouldnt, my durango never leaked before until i switched to synthetic, then it started leaking everywhere, i quickly switched back to regular 10w-30 and she hasnt leaked since

·
.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.
10,424 Posts
5K on the Ranger. Dino oil.

Used to do 7500 on the Dakota and the Wife's Jetta. Both Mobil1, 5w30 and 0w40, respectively.

Dakota gets it twice a year now, whatever mileage I put on it (not that much anymore).

·
Happy 4th of July!
47,199 Posts
I run about 9-12k (depends on how lazy / broke I am) in the Ram with Royal Purple (I do have lavender air in the tires too).

Its time for the first oil change in the hotrod (97 Nissan 200SX). I'm going to run a can of flush through it, then decide what oil to run. It's getting ALOT of miles, I think I'll go RP for that too, just so I don't have to do it as often.

·
Banned
28,625 Posts
5k on my beater. It leaks so I have to add a quart like every 1k or so, so I could prolly go further than 5k.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Every 3 months or 3000 miles which ever comes first. I use Exon 10w-30 with Mopar filters, and everything is happy.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts