Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much would you pay for a complete paint job? Full color change, door jambs, under hood, minor body work. Just one color no grafics.

·
Registered
32 Posts
If I was to do it, it wouldnt be under $2500, depending on color of paint. Just remember, ya get what ya pay for...dont try to save money...

Andy B

·
Registered
826 Posts
Anyone will tell you it will be over 2500.00

Do it right the first time,Will be even more for a REPAIR

You are talking about alot of work,Engine bay is the hard part,Taking the Bed off to get between the cab

RICK

T

·
0 Posts
I do bodywork myself in school, and a really good paint job is so much fucking work. It's tedious, maticulous, and time consuming. You have to completely involve yourself in it and dedicate yourself to finding every small problem. You get what you pay for, and don't try to go cheap. It's worth so much more if you just save your money and get a good paint job. Btw what color are you looking for?

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Well my guy is charging me $1,200 for all my work. That's all the body work and paint job. He's a friend of my g/f's mom, so I'm sure we're getting hooked up for the price I'm paying.

As you can see, I had alot of dents and scratches.

I'm getting it painted "Daytona Blue" taken from the Nissan 350Z. I hope it comes out as good as I have it pictured in my head.

·
Registered
402 Posts
MoparREVolution said:
Well my guy is charging me $1,200 for all my work. That's all the body work and paint job. He's a friend of my g/f's mom, so I'm sure we're getting hooked up for the price I'm paying.

As you can see, I had alot of dents and scratches.

I'm getting it painted "Daytona Blue" taken from the Nissan 350Z. I hope it comes out as good as I have it pictured in my head.
Well, it sounds like you are getting the f~ing hook up. Unless it comes out looking like shit... then i don't know what to tell ya...

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
98 Black SLT said:
Well, it sounds like you are getting the f~ing hook up. Unless it comes out looking like shit... then i don't know what to tell ya...
lol, i hope it doesn't suck. I have my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
105 Posts
My brother did the flames on my truck, I got the family discount and it was close to a grand, so I'd say that you were definetly getting hooked up :bow:

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Well over all I'm happy with the color of my truck, tho there's a some inperfections in the paint, I'm suppose to take it back in a few days so they can fix it. Which I believe they're going to wet sand it, and probably shoot some more clear.

Pics are in the photo section.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Stranger said:
My brother did the flames on my truck, I got the family discount and it was close to a grand, so I'd say that you were definetly getting hooked up :bow:
Your own brother charged you ~1 grand to do flames? Did he go back and pinstripe them and all that like all good flame painters should? That would have been the only work intensive part.

Flames =
Sand off clear, layout flames, shoot paint, pinstripe flame licks, shoot clear, color sand. And it's only on like 5 panels + grille shell and airdam.

Although you have to remember that ~$200-250 of that was the cost of paint. I suppose that was a good price, but if you were my brother I probably would have done it free, or for a case of beer :chug:

·
Registered
105 Posts
NtenseBlu said:
Your own brother charged you ~1 grand to do flames? Did he go back and pinstripe them and all that like all good flame painters should? That would have been the only work intensive part.

Flames =
Sand off clear, layout flames, shoot paint, pinstripe flame licks, shoot clear, color sand. And it's only on like 5 panels + grille shell and airdam.

Although you have to remember that ~$200-250 of that was the cost of paint. I suppose that was a good price, but if you were my brother I probably would have done it free, or for a case of beer :chug:

Yes all the flames are pinstriped, plus airbrush highlights that are hard to see in a picture. He would have done it for just paint cost if he could have done it when "he had time" but that could have been several weeks. His shop currently has about a 3week wait for just strait body work. Anything custom and who knows when.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts