Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
10 Second Club
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Might have some up for sale soon, So how much are they selling for? Not trying to make a killing but would like to make some money off of them. Stock nothing special, but huge brakes with about 30k miles on them. So what do you guys think?

·
10 Second Club
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The brakes themselves don't go for much since they don't bolt up. Around here they go for the same price any other brakes go for in junkyards.
I mean everything. Hell I can even include the axles if they wanted. I mean hubs and everything, not just calipers and rotors.

·
Banned
7,625 Posts
I mean everything. Hell I can even include the axles if they wanted. I mean hubs and everything, not just calipers and rotors.
I might need the axle shafts, as the ones I have I'm not sure if they are 100% true.

The axle shafts are all exactly the same for all 97'-04' Daks and 98'-03' Durangos.

As for the rotors/calipers they don't really go for much. All I can say if is they are in real good almost new shape you sell them to someone who's looking to replace theirs as a maintenence.

I'd say $150 for rotors/calipers if they were in great shape and not many miles.

·
10 Second Club
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I guess they would need the rear axle since it had the caliper braket welded on. If someone offered up a very low milage drum setup I would be willing to swap it out as long as the LSD and axle tubes are good. I think 250 with a trade would be fair no?

·
Banned
7,625 Posts
So I guess they would need the rear axle since it had the caliper braket welded on. If someone offered up a very low milage drum setup I would be willing to swap it out as long as the LSD and axle tubes are good. I think 250 with a trade would be fair no?
How many miles are on it? Why are the brackets welded on?

·
Banned
9,045 Posts
i sold my front setup i think for about $150 and the rear set up for $200-$250...but its been a while.

all the brake setups have the mounting tab welded to the axle tube...just the disc and non disc are welded in different spots.

what is your plan for your brakes?

·
10 Second Club
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How many miles are on it? Why are the brackets welded on?
Brackets are welded on for the disc brakes. Only about 30k on the whole setup, don't read do you. You are really bad about that Russ.

·
10 Second Club
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i sold my front setup i think for about $150 and the rear set up for $200-$250...but its been a while.

all the brake setups have the mounting tab welded to the axle tube...just the disc and non disc are welded in different spots.

what is your plan for your brakes?
Moser offers a disc brake system that is bolt on the the new ends for 350. Not bad really.

·
Banned
7,625 Posts
Brackets are welded on for the disc brakes. Only about 30k on the whole setup, don't read do you. You are really bad about that Russ.
:sorry:

·
Jay
11,490 Posts
Dakota, the one sitting on my truck right now.
I could pick up the complete rear end, have you removed the rear end yet? as far as Moser goes, they don't sell them for the 9.25. I called them when I got my new shafts and they said they don't make anything for the 9.25 even though they had it listed on there site when I called. So unless they just added that in the past year or so those kits don't work unless your doing a custom setup.

·
10 Second Club
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I could pick up the complete rear end, have you removed the rear end yet? as far as Moser goes, they don't sell them for the 9.25. I called them when I got my new shafts and they said they don't make anything for the 9.25 even though they had it listed on there site when I called. So unless they just added that in the past year or so those kits don't work unless your doing a custom setup.
They make just the axles for the stock 9.25, nothing else really. However to get around the C clip eliminator rule I have to put Big Ford Housing ends and put new brakes, and new axles, custom of course. I want to get an axle housing that I can build while mine is still able to be driven. So if a race is around I can go and run still and not have to rush putting this new rear end together.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts