Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
how much low end loss are we talking about?
durango w/ mopar cold air intake, 52mm throttle body, m1 2bbl, headers w/ 3inch y pipe, catback, 1.7 roller rockers, mopar pcm

I've heard that the throttle body and m1 will kill low end but matched with the other mods will it be ok?

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
mopar360 said:
how much low end loss are we talking about?
durango w/ mopar cold air intake, 52mm throttle body, m1 2bbl, headers w/ 3inch y pipe, catback, 1.7 roller rockers, mopar pcm

I've heard that the throttle body and m1 will kill low end but matched with the other mods will it be ok?
It's not from the TB. It's the M1 that causes it. The guys that I know with that exact same set up experience a slight hesitation off idle and a pretty big low end loss up to 3,000 RPMS. The custom flash that B&G Chrysler can do to your PCM is supposed to make it a lot better. :cool:

http://bgchrysler.com/

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply...I ended up doing the 52mm with the m1 and I love it...no end loss what so ever and it pulls like a mother F*cker...I think its also due to the fact that I have other mods that compliment it...I can definitely understand a loss of low end with anything else

·
Registered
826 Posts
I have do the same to my R/T, Do have a better off the line then before,After driving some to have the computor relearn,I have F-B 52MM M1 with turtle K-N CAI MSD ignition and JBAS headers Mopar 1.6 RR (at this time)Got a set of Comp. 1.7 RR to get back in,For a heavy D it does move good,RICK

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
just raced a 1500 hemi regular cab...it was pretty damn close...just barely squeeked by...what am I doing wrong?

2k durango R/T with mopar pcm, KN cai, 52mm billet tb, m1, headers, 3inch y pipe, mbrp catback...I also have a set of harland sharpe 1.7s on order...

G

·
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Dont take any offense to this mopar, but your running a heavy durango that runs in the 16's - 15's if modded well against a truck that runs high 14's i'd say you did really well. I haven't raced a regular cab yet but I ran a quad cab hemi and only beat him by a little bit. I am only running a stock 4.7 with a CAI. Although i seriously embarrased a guy with a quad cab hemi in my 97 F250 Diesel. He had a chick with him in the truck and kept revin the motor and I just looked over and smiled. I caught the light just right and he had to play catch up. He didn't even look over at the next light. Sadly enough I think my diesels faster than my Dak.:mad: Its sad when the tow vehicle is faster than the trailered ride.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts