Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
durango w/ mopar cold air intake, 52mm throttle body, m1 2bbl, headers w/ 3inch y pipe, catback, 1.7 roller rockers, mopar pcm

I've heard that the throttle body and m1 will kill low end but matched with the other mods will it be ok?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
mopar360 said:
durango w/ mopar cold air intake, 52mm throttle body, m1 2bbl, headers w/ 3inch y pipe, catback, 1.7 roller rockers, mopar pcm

I've heard that the throttle body and m1 will kill low end but matched with the other mods will it be ok?
I am thinking a substitution of a 50 MM TB would help keep bottom performance after reading up the 52mm is a good choice. Have you considered a turtle? It installs in the bottom of the intake to make the air think the intake has longer runners and improves bottom end. Here is my M1 for those who don't know what they look like:
I am dumping the barrel because the plenum gasket is toast and if I am going to spend the time to replace the gasket I will replace the intake entirely.

Here is my turtle sitting in the M1 but not installed yet:

The entire package you have laid out really is a nice setup. Remember a softer bottom will help your launch.

Have you checked out www.krcperformance.com yet? When my 318 dies Mr. 408 will take up residence in my Gen II! :D

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've heard mixed opinions on the turtle..some say it helps others say its a hoax...no one has done any dyno numbers for a comparison so who to believe? also I got a non egr so does it still mount the same way?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure on the NON-egr info......

As for the turtle.....I hear that... but in my case I was willing to take the chance in hopes of a little gain. IMO.... I think the package on your truck will be a PLEASANT surprise for you. I heard that the headers would soften the bottom on my 5.2 but wow! it sure is a "REV-HAPPY" engine now. Are you thinking doing it all at once or one item at a time?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have the the throttle body m1 and 1.7s coming at once....

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
also what do you mean by pleasant? I little improvement or alot? I just got my front and rear diff serviced along with a transfer case service and that gave me some umph...guess it was overdue..lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts