Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the stock 3.92 posi in my R/T. I was curious as to how much hp it will hold. Looking to put down close to 600, curious as to how long it would last. I have a 9 inch a friend sold me. I plan to build it when/if mine dies. Any thoughts?

·
10 Second Club
146 Posts
I have over 600 rwhp and run mid 10s--soon to be very low 10s maybe a 9 and my rear is stock. I would say I have at least 100 runs on it.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That works for me. I was just preparing cause I wasn't for sure how long it might last. Most of the people that I talk to are big racers and tell me mine won't last long at all but they are glorify the 9 inch and have never been around much mopar. It won't hurt for me put the 9 inch back for a rainy day. If mine does die it will suck picking up the peices.

·
Registered
368 Posts
The 9.25" is a strong axle. I know in the durango models it was downsized in 2001 on FT 4WD models. The only weak link are the C clips. Once they break the axle could potentially grenade itself. I have a lot of heavy towing miles/hard driving on my Durango R/T and after 13 years, the axles are the least of my problems. I run Amsoil 75W90 severe gear oil and change it every 50K miles or four years, whichever comes first.

·
Home School Valedictorian
4,205 Posts
I would be leery with 600hp on stock axles, brake one and it will exit the housing, unless you have a disc brake rear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts