Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I am looking at buying a 1999 Dakota R/T with the following mods:
100hp NOS kit, true dual exhaust with glasspacks, Mopar Performance computer with JET Stage 2 chip, Mopar Performance intake with K&N,Stillen front bumper cover,MSD ignition,MSD timing control,MSD wires,Auto-Meter air-fuel ratio gauge,lowered rear end with traction bars, drilled and slotted rotors with ceramic pads,only AMSOIL lubricants,custom cut and painted grill inserts,and an R/T third brake light cover.
He says this is $3,000 in mods alone, does this seem right? Also, he said with the nos it runs about 400 horsepower, but only runs a 13.8 at 100 mph 1/4 mile. Does this sound right? He said without the NOS it cuts out about 1 sec which would only leave it at 14.8 and I believe they run low 15's stock. Just wanting an opinion from someone who knows a little more than me. I would still like to upgrade in the future but would this be a good start for $10,500?
thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
24 Posts
As far as the quarter mile times, that depends on what part of the country you are in. I know here in Vegas my stock reg cab R/T ran in the 16's. A 14.8 with those mods might be o.k. Steve.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quarter Mile Times?

One thing you can do is get bigger rear end gears (4.10's ?)
As far as nos its a waste of money put that money towards a supercharger, computer tuning, etc.

·
Registered
165 Posts
TRUE i have the same mods basically and i ran a 13.98 without slicks or drag radials. I recently bought headers and redid my exhaust and got a 52mm throttle body. I just need to get back to the track to see what it will run then. I have been constant at 14.0-14.1 and i hit the 13.98 as my best. It sounds logical to me cause i have proof that i did it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts