Dakota Durango Forum banner

How many miles?

6K views 35 replies 18 participants last post by  DakotaLivLrg 
#1 ·
How many miles on your 4.7L? Have you had any problems with the engine? As your mileage increases, what problems, if any, have you come into contact with? And at what mileage did that problem occur? Just wondering what us newer 4.7L owners should look out for.

Ive got just under 31,000 on mine and still goin strong, and getting stronger as mods increase. :D

G
#2 ·
I'm not going to be much help cuz mines almost identical to yours. But I've got 16,000 on mine with no trouble. My driver side window sticks when it gets cold but I'm to lazy to take it to the dealer to fix it.

#3 ·
I have 29,000 miles on my 2000 Dak....

No problems since new in 2000. It's held up to over 350 1/4 mile passes. Probably 100 passes since putting the blower on it. It's definitely a tough one.

I also have a 2002 Durango with 32,000 miles. Never a problem with it either. It is bone Stock, right down to the paper air filter.

G
#4 ·
41K on mine. 01 quad cab. No major problems. it was in to the delar but it was just lose bolts on the rear sway bar. i driver 160miles a day on her and will be racking up the miles.
it's still stock but looking for a cold air intake that i can build my self. i cant afford the 100.00+ ones that you find, maybe later.

#5 ·
I have 14,000 on my 2001. Have any of you taken your trucks to the dealer and they did any type of computer upgrades? they don't understand me. my wife's saturn has had 3 or 4 computer upgrades.

#7 ·
287PaxDak, what color is your 02 Durango? And what model is it? Also im wondring if you might want a set of 20s for it. I have a set on mine that id like to get rid of.

#8 ·
It's an Atlantic Blue SXT. 3:55 L/S

Unless you're just feeling extremely generous, I don't need the 20's. Would like to have them, but I don't think the wallet would at the moment.

Just list them on the boards. They will fit all of the GenIII Dakotas as well as the GenII's.

G
#9 ·
Whats up guys?

I am new here and am glad to find another great site for dodge trucks. My 2000 cc 4.7 Has 80,000 miles on it and the only problem I have had with it is the rotors warped a couple of times. I replaced them with Powerslots and has been fine since. I have done alot with my truck and it has never let me down. Anyway, If anyone needs help with anything, I will do my best!
c-ya, Jeff

G
#13 ·
53,786 miles had it since 50,000 not one problem, that I didn't cause myself and didn't fix immediately, the engine is running really strong. I won't ever take my vehicles to the dealership, I don't trust anyone else to work on my vehicles, I do all my own work.

#14 ·
Just rolled over 15,000 in my 03 SXT D and still running strong and only mod's it has as of yet is a Borla Single in single out exaust and a K&N drop in filter.. althought this morning after getting off work i went to fire it up and there was a weird clicking type sound from the dash around the center cluster by the AC stuff .... my wife said she has herd it a few other time also .. no earthly clue as to what it is but so long as everything works it's all good

#17 ·
28,000 mi no problems with the motor. had to get the cruise control replaced right after i bought it. other than the recall nothing else has gone bad with it so far.

#18 ·
130,000 miles ...

I had a 2000 Durango and traded it in with 130,000 on the clock. The over drive unit was going bad on the tranny so they told me I had to get a new one. $5,000.00 is what they were going to charge me. I saw the sales manager and I traded it in for a 2003 Durango SLT. More options than my old one and this one looks to be just as tough as the last one. These are GREAT trucks. :toast:

G
#24 ·
No, I found the exact spot where the smoke is coming from. I am goin to take a pic today. I am starting with checking the cheap things to fix. Cause I am a college student and I cant really afford a major fix.

#25 ·
2001 CC / 4.7 / 5-Speed / 3.92 / SS Duals / Cold Air / Mobile 1 / NGK's (2262) / Viper Seats / RT Wheels / Zapco-Diamond Audio Hi-Fi (plus 75 lbs) / Black Max Tonneau

50K- Power Steering Pump Replaced.

60K- Master Cylinder Replaced.

130K- Tie-rod's Replaced.
Oil Pressure Sensor Replaced.
Clock Spring Replaced.

133K- As of today.

Overall MPG- 19

#26 ·
32K and still going strong on my 04 Dak

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.