Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
GenII Owner
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, I haven't been here in like months, and I'm the last person to post in here. Any more floating around?

92dakotahd, 92 CC 3.9L Auto 2WD

·
Registered
6 Posts
Newbie here. I actually joined because I just bought a 98 Durango, but I also have a 91 Dakota. Dak is a 3.9 (pre-mag), automatic 4x4, long bed. Nothing fancy. Bought it new and said I was going to drive it til the wheels fall off. ;) No show to it - dings, scratches, faded paint. Just a good, reliable work truck.

The Durango is more for my wife to haul the kids around. Been using a 92 Grand Caravan for that, but it's getting a bit rough and this winter has been pretty bad and it's a pretty hilly area, so the Durango seemed like a good replacement.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have a sweeeeeet 92 Dak with the 318 and 4x4...short bed, stanadard cab....towing package, LE....Bonzai Blue metallic (repainted about 5 years ago due to peeling).....

I drive it only about 1,000 miles a year now.....Hoping to keep it till my son is old enough to drive (about 12 more years LOL)

DZ

P

·
0 Posts
My Dakota

I have a emerald green metallic '94 Dakota SLT LB 4x2, 3.9 V6 with 65,000 miles, bought it with 62k on the odometer. It's in overall good shape, and I try to keep it that way. Hope there are more GenII owners who find this site and contribute to the discussion!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just Joined

I just joined today 4/30/04.
I recently purchased a 93 Dakota with a 3.9 Auto from the shop I work at for $500.00.

·
Registered
41 Posts
me too me too :woowoo:

·
Registered
41 Posts
yup they do look good on there I like mine no matter how much grinding it took :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
slowdakota said:
grinding? what did you have to grind to put them? i have them on my 91 and didnt have to grind anything. Now, they do rub on the frame and back of the fender well at full lock to lock turning.
I have not lowered my front end yet, I had to grind a little off the upper control arm, I am assumming you lowered wityh spindles and avoided this

·
Registered
31 Posts
i just brought a 93 dakota sport standard cab with 97,000 miles 5.2L auto, crane cam,headers,3" exhaust and 3.55 gears.pretty soon i will have 3.90 gears and a MP computer.if anyone has a computer FS email at [email protected]

J

·
0 Posts
I've got one

Just got it last month. Got rear ended and bought this one with insurance settlement. It's got the 5.2 and is all stock (as far as I know) except for the stereo. I put my Panasonic CQ-C1300U in it from the old S-10 that was totalled. My avatar is the trucke, except the running boards were not on the truck when I got it. Also, I got it real cheap because someone had broken the hinges off the driver's door by backing up with the door open (I put a white door from a '96 on it). Hoping to repaint soon, since it does have the factory paint with a mismatched door. Surface rust on it (seems to be common with Gen II), but runs great and everyone is amazed at the deal I got. Except for the door and window repair on passenger side, I've only had to do what I think is expected for a used vehicle (brakes, oil, battery, etc.) Hoping this will last me for a while...hoping to restore a '69 Charger once the wife's car is paid off.

FYI: '92 LE w/5.2, club cab, bedliner, gray interior. 158K and running strong.

When I get it repainted, do you think I should go all black (and save $125) or spend the extra and have it done in two tone?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Did you get this truck off of autotrader.com?it looks just like the one i was thinking about buying.i brought my truck out of ohio,i live in maryland.go all black.

J

·
0 Posts
Downlow, yes I did find it thru autotrader.com. I wasn't really interested in it originally becasue I am in Montgomery, AL and the truck was in Birmingham (about 3 -3 1/2 hr drive round trip). However, they dropped the asking price from $4900 to $2900 and with the door problem and window problem, I was able to get them down to $2500. I've spent a little more on the door and window than the difference in the price, but other than that, I think I got a pretty good deal. We originally thought that the driver's door could be repaired, but a local body shop with a good rep told me to replace it. They even told me where I could get one and keep their profits down. Now, I just have to schedule a few days without it for the paint job. While I'm at it, I'm going to have a toolbox that I just got used repainted to match the truck.

My biggest complaint is with the engine, I really didn't need the V-8 (although it is really nice to have all that power), especially the way it sucks the gas. I'm starting to think K & N filter, new plugs, and I even heard that a Flowmaster exhaust would help the gas mileage, but I'm not sure I'd really see a return on investment.

This is my first Dodge, and I am really enjoying it. Anyone know how to decode the VIN on this baby so I might be able to figure out the tranny and gearing?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts