Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I change trunsmission fluid in my 2001 RT with ATF+4 fluid and filter. Put so far 6 quarts of fluid and it is still not full. Is anybody know how much fluid do you need to put in when changing a filter and reinstalling the bottom cover. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
I know mine took about 10 quarts but that was with filling the converter. Should probably be close to full with 6 quarts.

Ryan H.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, it seems like it is still low, might need one more? $7 a pop seems like a lot of money! I hope it's not leaking? Ooops

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
hey you would know if you where leaking trust me I've done a lot of trany work mainly on an 73 international scout but all tranys are about the same. I change the fluid in my 98 dak. not to long ago I think I used 7 or 8 before it was full. your checking it while it's running right?

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, while it's running. On the stick it says to measure while running and have transmission in the neutral position for some reason, not park?

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
sorry it took me so long to reply. You should be fine to check in park I almost always do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts