Dakota Durango Forum banner

how many body mounts

4K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  timada126 
#1 ·
hi,
i'm new here have a 03 durango and want to replace all the body mounts how many are under there??
and who sells them , i tried rock auto they only have the two small ones up front,

thanks dennis440

#4 ·
I'd be a little hesitant on buying body mounts from LMC truck. Not saying all their parts are chincy but I bought a pair of aftermarket headlights from them because Durango is notorious for having cloudy headlights. Anyway these headlights looked cool in their catalog and same when I opened the box but when they were installed they would vibrate down the highway no matter how much they were tightened. I called and they returned them after I argued that I couldn't send them back before I got the new ones because it was my everyday driver and I threw the originals out thinking I didn't need them. They ended up sending me a new set and I returned the first pair. These didn't shake as bad. They looked cool during the day but at night when I put the high beams on there would be a band of light, a band of dark and a band of light below. They never were good. I ended up going back to OEM aftermarket lights from another company and they work fine. Better made, tight fit and a solid beam of light. You have to remember that LMC truck is just a distributor for aftermarket items and they don't specialize on any one thing. With that being said I realize that Rockauto.com is similar in that sense but for the fact that I'm completely rebuilding my 2000 Durango and I have yet to get a bad part from rockauto and I can't say that for local parts stores. I am going to purchase my body mounts from rockauto. Just my opinion.

#5 ·
I tried to fine them and they just have the front cab mounts which look not like the eight I want to replace. I used the two front cab mounts they work fine but the hock puck ones I can’t find anywhere if anyone knows where to get I would appreciate the link

dennis440

#6 ·
I also was unable to find any of the body mounts other than the front ones for my 2000 Durango. On the other hand, the other mounts actually looked okay and replacing the front mounts got rid of the squeaking that I was hearing. It must be that the front mounts are the ones that wear out. I would like to hear from anyone else on this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.